MC9 Doesn

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iMan

MC9 doesn?t find the info ( track name artist etc? ) for half of my CD?s but if I try the same CD?s with Roxio or MMJB, the info is found immediately!! What am I doing wrong ? ? ? :confused:

Also, when I used 9.0.180 it would get the year the album was realised but this doesn?t happened with 9.1.242 ?

One final question, is there a way to download a thumbnail picture of the CD cover when retrieving info?

TIA

iMan

ashawley

Website
www.
1. MC9 uses a different CD database than does Roxio or MMJB. It's not as "robust" as some of the others, but it's growing. You can contribute yourself. When it doesn't find a CD of yours, enter the info manually, then hightlight the songs and select "Submit Track info to YADB"

2. I don't think year is included anymore. You can easily find the year. Play any song on the Album in question, then under the Playing Now tree item, click on Artist Info. It'll take you to Allmusic.com and give you all the info you need.

3. You can get cover art in a few ways:

Under Tools>Options on the the Device Settings icon (I believe) you can "get cover art after ripping is completed". It's something like that.

Select the files (or album) you want to get art for, click the "Tools" icon from the Action window and select Get Cover Art.

If it's not found you can usually get it from Allmusic, just play a song from the Album in question, click on the Artist Info (under Playing Now), find the Album on Allmusic, right-click the Album Art and select "Save File As" Save it in your Cover Art directory. The default is C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data\Cover Art. Make sure you save the file in the following format: Artist - Album.jpg. Then, select the Album or Songs you want to add the art to and right-click, select Cover Art>Quickfind from Cover Art Directory.

Adam

iMan

Wow ashawley, this info is spot on!!!! What would I do without this forum! Many thanks m8! :)

:eek: 2 more questions please? :eek:

1. Is it not possible to import the CD info from "Allmusic" if it is not found in "YADB"?

2. How do I set MC9 so it shows a thumbnail of the album cover when an album is selected?

Many Thanks again.

iMAn

ashawley

Website
www.
No problem...

Actually it's not possible as Allmusic.com doesn't offer that service. It'd be great if they did. But I ripped a ton of CDs the other weekend every one of them was found, so YADB is getting better. And just remember, if it doesn't find one of yours, do everyone else a favor and submit it.

2. Not sure what version you're using, I suggest 9.1.243 (that's today's version). In the "Action Window", just click on the "File Properties" icon, then click on "Image" and it'll show the Album Art.

Adam