Maximum file size for adding to iTunes?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

david1951

Website
www.ipodsoft.com
Without going into the reasons why I wanted to do it, I just discovered that if I try to add a WAV file of more than a few hundred MB to iTunes, it just never appears there.

I've tried several different ways: add file; add folder; drag and drop. It just never ends up in iTunes. This is annoying, because I wanted to use iTunes to convert it to AAC.

Anyone else had this kind of problem?

If there's no easy fix, are there third party converters from WAV to AAC? I found mention of one on the Internet, but can't actually locate an executable, leading me to think that maybe it's not legal. Does Apple have a copyright on the AAC format?

gshipley

Convert it to mp3 and then import into iTunes.

You can then convert it to aac.

david1951

Website
www.ipodsoft.com
gshipley said:
Convert it to mp3 and then import into iTunes.

You can then convert it to aac.
Well, thanks, but I knew that I could do that. But what I was trying to do was to go straight from WAV to AAC to preserve the best quality, rather than WAV --> MP3 --> AAC, losing quality at each step.

I'm still puzzled why there is a maximum WAV file size that the iPod can handle.

dordale

David--

You might want to post your question in the iTunes forum...someone over there might be able to help you.

I'm away from home for the rest of the week, but after I get back, when I get a chance, I'll do some experimenting and see what happens.

Good luck!
dordale :)