Manual Album Cover Art Not Showing up On IPad

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

prplchkj

Hi,

I have a ton of music I imported into iTunes (late 90's/early 2000s) from personal CDs. For many of these albums I manually repaired or updated the artwork. (I have always manually managed my music because the automated mechanism was too heavy handed for me.) I could see this artwork on my iPad when I downloaded the music via iTunes. However, when Apple removed iTunes from the equation and required you to use the Finder to move music from one device to another, my albums disappeared.

One of the many attempts to fix this issue was the idea that, perhaps, over the years something got lost regarding the manual process of adding artwork. So, I tried deleting the artwork from the songs, via the Music app on my Macbook Pro and using the Get Artwork menu item up set the artwork for an album. This did not work.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Any ideas on a possible fix it?

Thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
You need to embed the artwork into the music directly instead of relying on the Music App to download the artwork for you.

You can select 1 or more songs in Music and use Song Info to add artwork to songs (like a whole album) that you download with your browser.

This can work for both MP3 and AAC files.

You can create a smart playlist in iTunes/Music to see which tracks don't have art associated with them
File->New->Smart Playlist
Rules:
match Music
Has Artwork
is false
checked
Live Updating
Click OK

I typically sort by Album so I can get all the tracks in an album at once.

Download the artwork for an album.

Select 1 or more tracks.
Hold the Control Key and click on the first song, choose Song Info, go to the Artwork tab, click on the Add Artwork button select the file you downloaded and it will be embedded.

For MP3 songs you may have to perform 1 additional set of steps in Music to force the changes to be written to the MP3 file (iTunes is notoriously bad about doing this, so I expect Music has the same problem).
Select all the MP3 songs.
Click on File->Convert->Convert ID3 Tags
Check ID3 tag version
Select v2.3
Click OK