Managing playlists in directories?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Alviarin

Hi,

Wouldn't it be great if you could manage your playlists in directories in Itunes and Ipod in stead of all the time scrolling through all those playlists to find one, it would be great if you could group them in folders.

Instead of doing this:

Playlist A
Playlist B
Playlist C
Best of Coldplay
Best of Mariah Carey
Best of Madonna
Best of Moby
Best of Sinead O Connor
Best of U2
etc.

you could do a group directory "Best of" and sub directories with the playlists of the above mentioned artists.
It seems Itunes and Ipod do not do this. Is there any third party software that does this?

Galley

Website
www.galleytech.com
Select the library icon in the list on the left. Then you can crete a new folder with Ctrl + Shift + N, or File --> New Folder. This only works in iTunes 5.0+.

derring do

The things one learns here, just reading... :)

Now can I see if I understand this? Will this folder allow you to group like playlists on both the computer and the pods? Thanks for the hint!

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
It does not allow for folder organization on the iPod, it only organizes the playlists on iTunes. Great for reducing the number of visible playlists.

Alviarin

Well, I hope the guys at Apple make it available for organising the Ipod itself too in the near future? Does anyone have any news concerning that?