• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

making computer faster

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kylo4

Wait, is it because I got stylexp which changes the start up menu, clicker icons to Mac? Plus I have object dock add on. Are these doing any damage?

kylo4

I am using a PC, I'm using stylexp to make it look like a Mac which is probably slowing it down, but it only says 11% of the resources are being used with everything on.

pianomanss87

You should also run ad ware and spy ware programs. You might have to run them a number of times if you have not done it before.

Piano Man

the4starish

Barken Lounger
Website
www.makeauctions.com
When you're idle, 11% is kind of high. When I'm idle, I'm generally at 1-3%. msconfig is the best way to go. I usually just leave my AV and Spyware apps, and I disable everything else. Also, XP uses a lot of animated menus and other generally unoticable addons that can slow the computer down. Right click on "My Computer" then click "Properties" then go to the "Advanced" Tab then click on "Settings" in the Performance section. Then click on "Adjust for Best Performance" and then hit "Apply". Let me know how that works.

kylo4

I think there might be a worm on my computer.

I burned two cd's with iTunes today and after a text file came on my desktop called "Gear". I opened it and it had the details of my burn and said "sent to recorder". What is this? Things are starting to act strange and I scanned with 3 different things and they detected nothing. Not even Windows Malicious software removal. What is that? I don't have Gear (which is supposedly a burning software). I used iTunes, and this has never happened before.