Major Itunes help needed

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

murphzmom

Let's just say 1st of all that I have learned a a very big lesson about running programs from an external hard drive. I have Itunes set to run from my external and I am having a problem with it being corrupt and that is another issue that I am getting fixed. Anyways I uninstalled Itunes and re-installed it to my hard (C:)drive. When I go to plug my Ipad in I keep getting an error message of Itunes library .itl cannot be read, created by newer Itunes version. I uninstalled Itunes again and went back to download an older version. I got the same error. Does anyone happen to know what I can do to get my Ipad to work with Itunes again.

Thanks for the help!!

Mindy

Cold Irons

It appears you are installing an older version of iTunes than what you were previously running. Often, when you update to a new version of iTunes, it updates the iTunes library database file (the iTunes Library.itl file) to a newer format. When this happens you can't just install an older version of iTunes - the old version doesn't understand the new file format.

You'll need to install the same version of iTunes that you were using before.