Mail + Windows Live

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
I was wondering if there was some sort of way to use Mail with Windows Live. I heard around some forums that you need a Live Plus account, which costs $19.95 a year.. but I was hoping there was some free workaround (an app or something) that would help me use Mail with my Windows Live account. For me, it's just annoying to have this perfect program to use with my Mail, that I cant even use. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
CM

LancerRevo

hotmail.com? i use that with my windows live, which is also known as MSN. Hope this helps, sorda not getting your question.

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
L33tG4m3r said:
I was wondering if there was some sort of way to use Mail with Windows Live. I heard around some forums that you need a Live Plus account, which costs $19.95 a year.. but I was hoping there was some free workaround (an app or something) that would help me use Mail with my Windows Live account. For me, it's just annoying to have this perfect program to use with my Mail, that I cant even use. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
CM
You have 2 additional options. The first one is use the free mail app called mail coaster. Or you could sign up for pop forwarding from izymal which costs about $15/year also the first month is free. Also there has been word that microsoft will be offering free pop access for hotmail users by the end of the year.

Here are the links:

http://www.mailcoaster.com/
(link doesnt work right now might not be offering this app anymore not sure)

http://v3.izymail.com/

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Nope, Mailcoaster doesn't work.. too bad, eh? It seemed perfect for my needs. And I don't want to use Izymail because I don't want to pay an annual fee just to access email. I'm only in high school and I don't really *need* to access my email from my iPod, it's just a feature that would be nice to have if it was free. =\

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
L33tG4m3r said:
Nope, Mailcoaster doesn't work.. too bad, eh? It seemed perfect for my needs. And I don't want to use Izymail because I don't want to pay an annual fee just to access email. I'm only in high school and I don't really *need* to access my email from my iPod, it's just a feature that would be nice to have if it was free. =\
Yeah i dont know what happened to mail coaster has been working for quite some time now almost a year. Last time I tried it was around july i think. The funny thing is that mailcoaster and izymail are developed by the same people.

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Probably because Mailcoaster (free) was eating away IzyMail's profit margin. Why would anybody pay for something when there is something just as good for free?