Mail stopped working, usual tricks not working either

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

gedansky

First, let me say that when setting up email, my iPad 1 was temperamental to begin with. It took several tries for it to accept my email configurations in the beginning (each time it was rejected) but things have been fine for almost a month.

Then, a few days ago, it stopped retrieving mail from any of my accounts (pop3, gmail, AOL). The little dial would spin, but nothing would pull down.

1st, I tried stopping and restarting the app -- nothing

2nd, I tried rebooting --nothing

3rd, I tried removing my email accounts and reinstalling them. It took some effort to find everything including the SMTP servers, but I did it. ---STILL nothing

4th, I tried resetting my device, because it's not supposed to delete my data. --WORST than nothing. It had NO effect on deleting my email accounts. But, it deleted all my configuration of my apps, so I had to spend an evening reorganizing all my pages.

Now NONE of my accounts will reinstall. It's rejecting them, saying cant be set up by SSL, which I am not choosing, but I make sure SSL is off and the ports are correct, and I try again, to no luck.

It has told me my pop server is not responding, which I know it is. It has told me the smtp server can't be found. Long and the short of it, I can't even set up my mail now, let alone retrieve it.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did jailbreak my device. Primarily, because I am a WebOS user on my phone, so I installed Multiflow, to give me card style multitasking. I do have some other apps, but mostly work utilities and drivers for older peripherals. Nothing that should effect the email at all, and all stuff that has been resident for some time.

Is there any solution, other than doing a factory reset? The new IOS update, apparently removes the ability to jailbreak, and I really want some of the added functionality, at least until IOS5 comes out. PLUS, I will mention that the email setup was finicky, first day, long before I did the jailbreak.

Thanks!

kornchild2002

Restoring your iPod is the only solution you haven't tried and that will put you back to square one. So you can either live with having a jailbroken iPad or you can get it up and running again. I think it is funny that the current version of iOS hasn't been jailbroken yet but iOS 5 beta 3 was jailbroken within a week of it being released and beta 4 is on the verge of being jailbroken despite it being about a week old as well.

gedansky

Restoring your iPod is the only solution you haven't tried and that will put you back to square one. So you can either live with having a jailbroken iPad or you can get it up and running again. I think it is funny that the current version of iOS hasn't been jailbroken yet but iOS 5 beta 3 was jailbroken within a week of it being released and beta 4 is on the verge of being jailbroken despite it being about a week old as well.
I'm on an iPad 1 so I am running 4.3.3. (not updating to 4.3.4 because only change is to block jailbreaking ). So, my version has been jailbroken for a little bit. Not on the Ipad 2 though, or only recently. Can't remember what the difference is.

Per my tech support guy, I tried it on a different network, just to see if there was something about the way my network was behaving, and that did it. So, for some reason, my DSL suddenly doesn't like communicating with the pop and imap addressing it has worked with on all of my other systems.

So, for future reference, the last ditch effort before reloading, is try it on a different network.

Thanks!