MacOS 9.2.1, fw 1.3, iTunes 2.0.4, 2nd gen iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

acg69

There was a thread about 1.3 not working with OS 9.x and iTunes 2.0.4 with older iPods. I am pretty sure that I posted something to that effect. I can't find it now...

Plus, I don't see a 1.3 problem report or a 1.3 download for Mac OS 9.

What is going on with this? Am I the only one here to have this configuration (OS 9.2.1, 1.3, iTunes 2.0.4 and 2nd gen iPod) working like a charm? Or am I missing something?:confused:

In any case, I have a question on 1.3 as well. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that 1.3 supports AAC, right? Is AAC supported by iTunes 2.0.4 and Mac OS (I am running QT 6 Pro, not 6.2)? Is AAC supported on 2nd gen iPods? I am soooooo confused....

kainjow

Website
www.kainjow.com
First off, what's holding you back from upgrading to OS X? It would make your life so much simpler and you wouldn't be so confused - you would have iTunes 4.0 which supports AAC importing/reading, you would have iPod 1.3 easily from Software Update.

It seems to me like iPod 1.3 wouldn't work with iTunes 2.0 since Apple probably isn't supporting iTunes for OS 9 any longer.

acg69

I am planning to migrate to X as soon as I get my new Powerbook. I am keeping my Pismo running 9 and have the new one with all the latest stuff until I am sure all is OK.

Anyway, the thing is my second generation iPod is running 1.3 on my Mac OS 9.2.1 with iTunes 2.0.4 and I have had no problems whatsoever. See, you are also confused abou this...:D

kainjow

Website
www.kainjow.com
yeah I think I am confused now.

What is your problem/question then?

Are you saying you're just confused? Just wait until your new Powerbook comes in - you'll be rocking the house.

acg69

Yeah, what I saying is I am just confused. My personal setup works but this whole question came to my mind when I read somewhere that it doesn?t and it is not supposed to...

Just curious I suppose;)

eustacescrubb

Website
www.johnpauldavis.org
Saying that Apple doesn't support a setup doesnt mean that it won't work for some users, but rather that it won't work for all users, and that should something happen to your iPod and Apple knew you were running the setup you were, they might not cover your iPod under the warranty.