Maclear Case

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

thesexybeast

anyone got any opinions on the Maclear case? i just got mine today, and it is overall not bad, although not what i expected. the case zipper is somewhat funny, seems gonna break soon, the color is ultra clear alright, but on the back there are alittle abrasive parts and im sure this jacket is very easily smeared. the belt clip is the worst, the plastic looks ugly, like 6 years old already, and feels like it will break sometime in the near future. when the ipod was put in the case, it is not perfectly positioned like most other cases, looks like the case have been tortured and deformed. (it does hold the ipod steadily though)

anyway, after all the bad comments, it is not a bad case for the price, 10 dollars shipped, could last about half a year to 1 year i think, and you can actually control it with the case on, i like that part.

Lajo

Banned
Website
www.lajo.biz
Just the way I feel too, the zipper is not what I wanted but the best I could bet at the time. TPU although soft is so strong that when the company starting making the zippers it was break about 4 to 6 needles for every 12 inches of zipper. I now have a new company (the best for this part of China) that has agreed to make my TPU zipper. Their zippers are top notch.
I also agree with the plastic part of the belt clip, it is produced with basic plastic but it will last. I am working on my own design that will go along with the quality of the removable metal stub (my design). Then I will use this combination on all the cases that need a belt clip. Here are the good points about the plastic belt clip design, it allows for easy inserting and removing. The swivel function works perfectly. You can use the plastic belt clip as a wrench to tighten the melt stub. Just insert the clip half way and twist.
The zip fit is a loser fit, I did not want to make it too difficult for people to put their iPod into the case. Now with the combination of the new zipper and the stretch of TPU I will try some tight fitting cases. I have an untested method that should make it easy to insert an iPod into a tight fitting case.
The case is not easily smeared as far as I know, I have used mine in all situations and it is in great shape. Feel free to scrub wash it, I wash mine without problems. What I would like you to do and if you agree, is to use your case as though you could replace it for free. I want you to test the hell out of it and then report back to me at lajo@lajo.biz . I will send you 5 cases by DHL to run these test and still end up with a new one at the end of the day. Please email me and I thank you for your valuable information.

JonR800

Tell ya what. I got mine and like everyone else was somewhat disappointed with it. So much so that I decided to stop playing around and get a Vaja case.

However, since then it's grown on me. Overall it's not a bad case and once it stretches out a bit it's easier to put the ipod in. We'll see how I feel about it once I get the Vaja case. :)

leonthepro

i havent got this case, but it looks good.
What are the zip cable and earphone cases like? Are they connected to the ipod case? Would an itrip fit nicely in one of them?

Last edited:

langdonauger

I'm enjoying the case more and more, it is great by the pool...can't think of any other case I would like to have near water. Lajo, I hope you'll let us know when the models with the improved zipper will be available. Mine arrived with the zipper torn, and the logo on the front.