Maclear and iShades disappointments

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

scabmettler

Great Grand Poobah
Actually, I love the concept but in both cases, the execution just hasn't been too great. I've had the Maclear for about 3.5 months and barely used it (as my scuffy l'il iPod can attest). I never put anything in it but a skinned g3 iPod. Despite that, I discovered yesterday that the zipper had separated and couldn't be fixed by carefully unzipping/zipping (ya know, like you do). I bought it from Think Different and they immediately responded that they'd be sending out a replacement. Cool!

As for the screen protector, I've no idea what kind of mojo one needs to get it to stick, but my iPod just ain't having it. I wish they would've made it just a bit bigger so that it could be held in place by the iSkin eXo (which I love).

Lajo

Banned
Website
www.lajo.biz
Thanks for your comments, the zipper has been an major issue with zip and now is improved and I am working with zipper manufacturers to go beyond this improvement. I truely appreciate it when someone comes out and lets me know the details of their problem this is the only way a product can be improved. The ThinkDifferentStore has just recieved large shipments of zip cases so I am sure that joe will give you a replacement soon.

scabmettler

Great Grand Poobah
Thanks, Lajo. As I've said, I love both concepts. BTW, got any tricks for getting the iShade to stick?

Lajo

Banned
Website
www.lajo.biz
We are working on a program that we will be able to compensate the purchasers of a few weeks ago with a bonus coupon. This is part of another program we are creating for our site. You have to be patient thought and can only tell you that if you purchased an eXo through www.lajo.biz over the last 14 days you will get a coupon that you can use against any future purchase and I think I will be design a few things that you will want to get your hands on so it will come in handy. There is much more to this new program for all but that is another new release.

scabmettler

Great Grand Poobah
*gasp!* Are you suggesting that I let my precious iPod get dirty?? lol.

southtdi

Lago, Have you looked into the ziplok style zipper. The best way I can describe it is it works like a ziplok bag with a zipper pull. I have seen many childrens soft plastic containers and even womens cosmetic containers with these style zippers. They seem to be nearly bulletproof and eliminate the need of adding a zipper to an existing case since the zipper track (actually pops inside of itself with the pull) is molded right into that part of the container. Great thing is these are self mending and if they have a good pull they usually will not break.

maz403

I have sent my case back today having used it once the zip stopped working....looked as if the thred had come unfurled.
I had several ishades at the same time and they have all stuck like a dream - need to get my nail under them to get them off and the colours look fab :)

scabmettler

Great Grand Poobah
I suspect that my iShade isn't sticking because my screen is lightly scuffed. Maybe after polishing and cleaning, I'll have more luck. Is it possible that the free screen protector offered by ThinkDifferent is in any way different from the one Lajo offers? I thought they were one and the same, but ThinkDifferent didn't call theirs iShade.

Squibbles

I believe the iShades are the color screen protectors. But I may be wrong.

u2ugly4nebody

the only problem i have with my iskin is that the headphone jack opening is too small. the only headphone jack that can properly fit in it is the standard ear plugs that come with the ipod. otherwise, if i use any of my other headphones, the plug doesnt go ALL the way in the hole. so ill get a little static and stuff.

bdjohns1

Cheese Whiz
Website
www.ben-johnson.org
u2ugly4nebody said:
the only problem i have with my iskin is that the headphone jack opening is too small. the only headphone jack that can properly fit in it is the standard ear plugs that come with the ipod. otherwise, if i use any of my other headphones, the plug doesnt go ALL the way in the hole. so ill get a little static and stuff.
Just stretch the skin around the plug a little and it'll work fine. I've got Shure e2s which have a rather beefy plug, and they go in fine.

That said, an extra ~0.1" around the headphone jack would be nice.