Lounge Music

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bdb

On the B side of life
There are some good compilations available. The "Ultra Chilled" compilations aren't bad, but they're a bit pricey. The Hed Kandi "Winter Chill" series are good.

There's also some good stuff on eMusic - Thievery Corporation, Gotan Project, Madrid De Los Austrias, The Merkin Dream.

bdb

On the B side of life
Lemon Jelly and Tortoise also have some good stuff. "Lost Horizons" (by Lemon Jelly) is great (its also on eMusic).

toothpaste

mrdantownsend said:
Thanks, got about 200 songs, Really like the thievery corporation songs and mixes

any more suggestions would be cool too
If you like thievery corp, try the dj kicks series. Really well thought out and put together mixes of down tempo, trip-hop, and what not running the gamut. Some are more chillout than others but I believe you will enjoy them.

neb

For lounge music I like something instrumental.

MF Doom's Special Herbs are just that, in both definitions of the word. There's 82 songs on the boxset, so that should keep you out of trouble for a while.

bdb

On the B side of life
I'd totally written these guys off because they're really hard to find, but check your library for The Dining Rooms, specifically the albums "Numero Deux" and "Tre". Its an Italian (mostly) instrumental group. My library has "Numero Deux", which is really the best one.

I guess they lost their US distributor (no longer on eMusic, and Amazon only has them as imports). So ND is $25 now (that's why I say check your library :)). Great music, though!

mrdantownsend

mrdantownsend
Website
www.freewebs.com
Love the Special Herbs album

its kinda like rap w/o the rap

and talk about hard to find, I couldnt find any of the Dining Rooms' full cd's, but I got come compilation stuff

Thanks so much guys, I love all this stuff, got about another 50+ songs

forgot to add, got the DJ kicks and some lemonjelly songs, and they're both great

Last edited: