Looking into my first iPod. Lots of questions though. Help?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DPUMA8

I have always liked the idea of an iPod but as a student, I do not have too much money to buy one. I am looking to maybe buy a iPod shuffle 512mb except I was hoping to get some questions answered. I have been using audio CDs for a long time and I don't like it that I have to buy CD-Rs all the time when my tastes change.

1. Usually 1st editions of products have bugs in them. Is this a good enough product to buy right away or should I wait?

2. Are there any out of ear headphones that are comfortable enough to wear while jogging?

3. Can I hook this up in my car and listen to my songs?

4. Does it take a long time to download songs to the shuffle?

5. Will price ever drop further?

6. Is the PC compatibility good? (My brother got an iPod Mini for christmas and he can't figure it out yet.)

7. What type of batteries?

8. What is a lanyard? Do I have to buy a charger seperately or does it come with the iPod?

9. Any other thoughts?

I see that many of you do not like the idea of the shuffle but I never listen to 120 songs in one sitting. I would be getting this mainly for exercise. Thanks!

Last edited:

ToadX

Administrator
1. I don't have one, so I can't say, but I would say it's good enough.
2. Probably, but I don't have any suggestions.
3. There are accessories that will let you do so, such as http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=T4332LL/A and http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=T8541LL/A
4. No.
5. Probably not. It just came out, and the price of iPods rarely drops, especially because of the high demand for them.
6. Yes.
7. It has a built in rechargable lithium ion battery.
8. The lanyard is basically the rope that you can use to put it around your neck. The charger doesn't come with the iPod Shuffle, but it automatically charges from your computer when you plug it into your computer. You don't have to buy one.
9. Remember, there's no screen.