Looking for old iTunes downloads

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

reoh2000

Hi. I don't have Internet access with my computer. A friend of mine says that she will download a program onto her PC and then I can transfer it to my Mac via CD. My version of Mac is 10.2.1, and I need 10.3 for the current version of iTunes, so I'm hoping to find an older version of iTunes that is compatible with my computer.

I feel like I'm not making my situation very clear, and I'm not at all tech-savy. Can anyone help me?
Thx.

reoh2000

Thanks. I actually think that we tried to download from this site before and only found .exe downloads which would work on my friend's PC but not on my mac.

Stupid question here: Is it possible to download a Mac program onto a PC CD drive for transferring? I'd guess it's possible since I downloaded the .exe program before I found out that was a window-based program.

Second stupid question: what's the type of file that works on a Mac computer, so I know what I'm supposed to be looking for instead of what I'm just "not" supposed to be looking for.

And thanks for the welcome. :)

yinyang

Retired
the ones from the link above are all .dmg files, which are correct for Macs - there is a windows-centric link with .exe files, but i made sure i gave you the right one :)

but no you canNOT install a windows version of an app, even onto an intel Mac - completely different compiles for different OSes!

edit for major oops!! :)

Last edited:

S2_Mac

P'bly mean "you cannot install a windows version of an app, even onto an intel Mac" ;-) (Unless you're using BootCamp or Parallels, at which point we're into the metaphysics of when is a Mac a PC?)

Thanx for the link!

reoh2000

Thanks & one more question

Thank you so much. I was supposed to get on this this weekend and never made it, but I have new hope from you that it will work.

Now that I have you on the line, do you mind another question? I bought my Mac in 2002, and it's only set up for dial-up. I want to change it to wireless. How complicated is it? And how do I go about it?

yinyang

Retired
not sure what kind of Mac you have (desktop or laptop), but I've setup an old LCD iMac onto wireless by getting a wireless ethernet bridge (Linksys Wireless Ethernet G bridge - WET54G) which was cheaper than trying to get an old airport card, which would have been slower anyway...at least with the WET54G you can get 802.11g speeds, which you would not get with an older airport card.

if you've got an oldish laptop then you can try a PCMCIA card from Linksys (or anyone that uses the Broadcom chip since no drivers are required) - I've setup an TiBook with one of these WPC54G. There's a good list of options here, though the list is quite old...

http://themichiganapple.com/wireless_list.html

again it might be cheaper than trying to find an old Apple airport card!

good luck!

reoh2000

switching to wireless

Thanks again for all of your help on this. :)

I have a laptop- iBook. I looked at the box last night and was suprirsed to see that it is listed as ready for AirPort wireless (802.11b). It also stated that it has 400 Mbps FireWire port and 2 12 Mbps USB ports.

When I looked on the apple website itself, they have an AirPort Extreme Base Station and an AirPort Extreme Card. Is the base station so that I could set up multiple computers to the same wireless network? The card said that it was based on 802.11g. I'm wondering if this would be right though since the box just said it was AirPort wireless ready, but not AirPort Extreme.