Looking for new British bands

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Azoic

I am trying to find some new british bands to get into.I'm currently listening to :
Bloc Party
Fratellis
arctic monkeys
maximo park,
little man tate
pigeon detectives
long blondes
dirty pretty things
babyshambles.

Am i missing anything?

bdb

On the B side of life
Dogs Die In Hot Cars
Jarvis Cocker
Kaiser Chiefs
Mystery Jets
Supergrass ("Road to Rouen" is excellent)
The Zutons ("Who Killed The Zutons" is their best IMO)

Sypher

transmissions94
Website
www.undergroundhiphop.com
The Futureheads, Kidharpoon, The Maccabees, Jack Penate, Bearsuit, Cajun Dance Party, Good Shoes, The Holloways, The Cribs, The Rakes, The Young Knives, Mystery Jets, Larrikin Love, The Paddingtons, Guillemots, meh there are just too damn many

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
I didn't know the Zutons were British. Learn something new every day. If I may, why are you looking for British bands exclusively? With all the bands around there must be something from the remaining countries that has something you like.

A long time ago we were talking about British bands and I ended up with demos by a band called The Jakpot. I liked them, but I haven't looked for anything else by them recently, so who knows.

antiditz

Babyshambles and Dirty Pretty Things, but no Libertines? :shake:

antiditz

^ oops, didn't mean that to sound as stern as it probably came off.

If the OP likes the hyperkinetic sound of some of the bands listed, another recommendation of mine would be Art Brut.

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
papayaninja said:
A long time ago we were talking about British bands and I ended up with demos by a band called The Jakpot. I liked them, but I haven't looked for anything else by them recently, so who knows.
They're still at the demo stage papayaninja. Saw them live not so long ago

devil_rod

sunshine underground, mumm-ra, there are some good pete doherty sessions too if your into his music. foalsand wombats are really good too. Already mentioned but good shoes, album of the year for me.

chrislee_88

Already been mentioned I know but...Cajun dance party, good shoes
And also a few more you might like, New young pony club, scouting for girls, peter bjorn and john (i know..not british but still have a listen to there album).

tom22n

Air Traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1