Looking for an iPhone app

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

wdc202

I would like an app for my iPhone that will have it continuously broadcast a pre-canned audio message to my air pods. The message is about 10 seconds long and I want it repeated every 1 minute until I turn the app OFF.

Can someone please tell me whether such an app is already "out there"?

If not, just how difficult would it be for me to write that app myself? I have never written a program for the iPhone before. Is there a good guide that would show me how to do so?

Thanks for your guidance.

wdc

scussions.apple.com/create/question

cjmnews

Staff member
The music app could do that on repeat. Just create a sound file with the 10 second message, followed by 50 seconds of silence. You could do that with Audacity quite easily.

wdc202

cjmnews: Great. Thanks so much. Where do I get that app -- iTunes or the Apple Store? Am I looking for a particular offering?

... wdc

cjmnews

Staff member
Audacity is a program you run on your computer to edit audio files https://www.audacityteam.org/

I use it to make podcasts (cut and paste segments, level the audio, remove plosions) for another group, plus silent ringtones for text messages and phone calls (thanks Apple for not having a silent ringtone built in) as well as other editing like removing the rap segments from Maroon 5 songs because iTunes only sells the ones with the rap (ugh).

Being free and very useful, I find it to be a program I can recommend using for your project.