Looking for a basic charger/aux combo for iphone...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

floepie

Does one exist yet for the iphone at a reasonable price that does NOT have an FM transmitter? An integrated mount would be a major PLUS, but for right now, I'm just in need of a basic aux out. It seems the Kensington model would fit the bill, but I'm not too keen on the need to insert the both the charger at the bottom AND the aux cable in the headphone jack.

Any others I'm missing? Thanks..

floepie

Yes, I realize there a lot ipod-compatible ones out there, but any for the iphone? It seems the non-compatible ones fall into one of two categories. Either they're shielded electrically resulting in better sound quality or they're not. I wouldn't mind the latter group but it seems this Belkin may not be so suited for the iphone.

Juice_22

Griffin FTW

I know its not ceritfied as Made for Iphone but the LINK: Griifin AutoPilot works great on my iPhone. You do get the nag screen, but I've never heard any interference come in over the stereo. It even comes with a short (2ft) male to male Aux cable that runs from the charger to the Radio. So your able to get the Line-Out level to the radio. I like the Play/Pause feature. At first it seemed frivolous, but it's nice to be able to quickly change songs with out using the Screen. That's assuming you can reach the plug though.

If price is an issue I know Target had them on clearence for around $30. An alternative is a Belkin. I've seen them at Kohl's and Wal-Mart for $20 or so, but it doesn't include the Aux cable.

Last edited:

danny_w

Juice_22,
Does the Griffin work with a cassette adapter? The belkin has a built-in amp to boost the audio. I don't know if that is really needed for a cassette adapter, but I don't know.

EDIT: Never mind, I found the answer in the reviews on the Amazon site. several users there said that it worked just fine, so I ordered one ($30).

Last edited: