Logitech X-230 2.1 Speaker system

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jasoncordelle

I just got one of these sets for my Laptop, but thought I'd plug my Nano in and give it a whirl...

I have to say: sounds great!! Nice and bassy with good mid-range and top-end sound.

I have to put a disclaimer here: I am writing this in context of the price. I paid the princely sum of $NZ60.00 for these...currently that's about $US45.00. (Normal price is about $NZ120.00).

So...back to the speakers.

Plugging them straight into an iPod Nano Gen3 is interesting...obviously there's not a lot of choice with regards to EQ and I have an ecclectic music collection. Asa a test, I chose "Brick House 2003" by Rob Zombie and Lionel Richie. Bassy, has horn section in it and metal-like guitars...all in all a good tester for a hifi set-up.

THese speakers really pumped it out! no clipping (which I expecetd), no brassiness in the top end and surprisingly clear thumpy bass.

The great thing is that you can adjust the bass volume separately if desired, so of watching a video on your laptop requires a less bassy sound, but good volume, the sub can be turned down and the sattelites can be cranked.

The other surprising thing I found with these speakers for the price, was the wattage: 32watts RMS total - not bad when you think that at this price, you're normally stuck with a couple of PC speakers at 3w each.

All in all, a good buy and I am very happy with them.

Has anyone else used these (or the 5.1 equivalent (X-540)?

Let me know what you think...

Last edited: