Logitech MM50 screwed up my iPod battery?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

wco81

Have had my 60 GB 5G since November. No problems getting 15 hours of audio per full charge.

Got the Logitech MM50 black speakers about couple of weeks ago. Most of the time, I played it on battery because I didn't want to constantly charge my iPod or the speakers. Also liked moving it around the house too so left the charger alone.

I had to recharge the iPod so I let the MM50 do it while docked and plugged in. It charged full, according to the indicator.

Listened to it for awhile one day on battery then turned both off and set the iPod to hold. Hours later, the iPod showed no battery life, completely empty.

So I charge it up again (this time I may have used the PowerBook because I needed to sync it). Put it in a pack and really didn't listen to it. Get home and it's empty again with the exclamation mark.

So charged it again with the speakers for about 4 hours and it was full. Undocked it and set it aside.

Over night, it drained again and I'm positive it wasn't running.

I was also having problems getting max volume. It wasn't loud enough so I fiddled with the max volume limit and it seemed fine.

Now I'm charging by the PowerBook again and will see if it happens again.

How do you reset and does that erase everything on it?

Skwidspawn

You mean to revert the iPod to factory specs? You simply plug in the ipod, find the iPod software updater utility (Home > Applications > Utilities > iPod software updater > "Latest updater listed by date"), open the uitlity and click the "restore" button. Make sure you have the lastest version of the updater by running Apple Software updater (Apple menu > Software Update).