Lock or Power off?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Lock or Power off?

• Total voters

Palfince

Do you lock your ipod touch when you stop using it, or do you turn it off?

At the moment I'm trying to figure out why some applications on my iPod touch won't open (discussed here: http://forums.iLounge.com/showthread.php?t=231965).

I asked some people at my school today and their apps work fine. They also only put their iPods on lock and never completely turn it off like I usually do.

Please post, or vote in the poll. :)

dotJ

it's pretty!
I always lock it, never power it off.
I heard that booting up again from total powered off takes a lot of battery juice.

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
Palfince said:
Do you lock your ipod touch when you stop using it, or do you turn it off?

At the moment I'm trying to figure out why some applications on my iPod touch won't open (discussed here: http://forums.iLounge.com/showthread.php?t=231965).

I asked some people at my school today and their apps work fine. They also only put their iPods on lock and never completely turn it off like I usually do.

Please post, or vote in the poll. :)
Yeah its always better to just lock it. 2 reasons it takes a long time to boot up again (even if you dont have a lot of stuff on it) and ofcourse it really drains the battery.

Palfince

ipodlover29 said:
Yeah its always better to just lock it. 2 reasons it takes a long time to boot up again (even if you dont have a lot of stuff on it) and ofcourse it really drains the battery.
It drains the battery to power it up? Never knew that...I thought that if you locked it, it would slowly lose battery life.

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
Palfince said:
It drains the battery to power it up? Never knew that...I thought that if you locked it, it would slowly lose battery life.

Yeah actually you will use much less battery if you just leave it locked on the lowest setting and manually locking it yourself when your done with it. If you leave it locked and not use it for a few days you will see it will hardly drain any battery. Especially if you leave the wifi off also.