Lock and physical volume buttons do not work while playing music

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

musichound

Yep, as the title says, after a short duration while playing music, the top lock and side volume buttons do not functons. Sometimes after syncing with iTunes, the functionality returns. I have an iPod Touch 4G, 64GB.

Troubleshooting applied so far:
Observed that this is only occuring while playing music
Performed system restore - The problem still exists.

Being this was purchased less than 14 days ago I think I might need to return it to the Apple store. In the interum, has anyone heard about this? Also, is there a software method of shutting down the iPod intead of holding down the lock button? :confused:

musichound

In case if anyone is interested, I brought it to an Apple store today and it was exchanged with no questions asked. The Apple tech admitted it was a very strange problem and I don't think he encountered this before. So now I have a replacement, I put it directly in my case so hopefully it will also be scratch free.

HG48

I also have the 4g 64gb, and I've had it since September. We realized last night that the volume and lock aren't working, because they haven't been for so long (maybe since I got it? I don't remember now) that I was used to it . I restored it last night, and even though effing iTunes asked if i wanted to backup settings and apps, it was all deleted, and most of my 200 + apps could not be located . I'm kinda freaking out, and I don't know what my best option is?