Location history?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Jasel

My iPhone 8 Plus was taken from my house after I set it down while doing a project. I logged into iCloud after I noticed it gone. 2 factor authorization code was sent to phone. On “find my iPhone”, it came back as offline. I sign out then back in again, hoping to hear the code ding when it was sent to my phone again. I looked, but never found it! Some people came back to my house and went right to were they “supposedly” found it. (1 foot away from me)
Is their any software or a program that I could buy to help me find the location history.
Everything was deleted for phone and all the apps that can record history. Such as Facebook, gmail & yahoo mail.
Any suggestions on how to find the deleted location history or what town.

I can get to 7-8 little cities from where I live at.
Thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
If the apps were deleted, then there isn't much you can look at for location history. This also indicates you did not have a passcode on it.

Stolen phones are typically taken offline to prevent you locking or bricking the device through Find My iPhone. Being offline, then there is no online record.

The mandatory need to enter the Apple ID password to erase the phone and use it for other purposes is what prevents people from keeping it. Restore your last backup, then put a passcode on the phone to prevent the apps from being accessed or removed again.

If they used Google Maps before taking it offline, then you will see it on maps.google.com and click on Maps Activity to see what they searched.

Jasel

I’m sorry I could of probably said a little different. I was trying to make what I said shorter and was cutting/pasting everything. It should of said :

Is their any software or a program that I could buy to help me find the location history.
The history for**Everything was deleted for phone and all the apps that can record history. Such as Facebook, gmail & yahoo mail.

it’s just assumed I’m talking about location history.

All the location history for the phone and location history for any apps that
record it—is gone.

cjmnews

Staff member
It is gone, restore your backup and put a passcode on it.

Jasel

I’ve always had a passcode on it. Everything was still on the phone. The phone was taken by somebody at my home, while I was working on a project, then returned and made to look like I just misplaced it somewhere. Nothing was deleted except the location history on my phone.
Any possible way to find out location history?

cjmnews

Staff member
Apps usually don’t track your location outside of map based games. Pokémon Go, Wizard whatever, zombie game, etc. They may have location data, but only if they were open and running at the time (not true in this case since it was locked) and there is no way to get that data out of the applications.

I think you are out of luck.