Loading PDF Files: iTunes Wants to Erase my iPod Touch

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jdanniel

I have a new 5th Generation iPod touch, and want to add some PDF files onto it, to read in iBooks and/or Kindle. I've installed the Kindle app and the iBooks app. I've also read a few web sites that explain how to do this.

I've dragged the PDF files into iTunes, I've hooked up the iPod to my desktop PC (although I do have a wireless network and would prefer to use that to do wireless syncing--I haven't figure out how, yet), but there's a problem.

The problem is this: I have about 30 GB of MP3 files loaded onto the iPod Touch. When I try to sync the PDF files and load them onto it, I get a dialog box that says REMOVE AND SYNC.

If I click APPLY, then I see another dialog box that says ERASE AND SYNC.

iTunes wants to erase my iPod, and replace what's on it with what's in the iTunes library. Well, guess what. I did not use the Library to compile my music. All I did was drag the music into iTunes, and it synced up with the device. No library, no playlist.

The only things in the library as of now are the PDF files.

I do not want to risk losing 30 gigabytes of music, which took me a couple of hours to load.

So…how do I get the PDF files onto the iPod Touch WITHOUT erasing it? Thank you. Jd

jdanniel

Of course, a minute or two after I post the question, I figure it out. I click the iPod icon next to iTunes Store, then select On This iPod.

On the left side, I select Books from the Library drop down menu. Then, all I have to do is drag the PDF file(s) into iTunes and synch it up. It automatically loads right into iBooks, and I'm reading the PDF files now.

Now, I have to figure out if it's possible to do this via WiFi. Jd