Loading Music to the Nano

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jough

El Guapo
Website
poetryx.com
I have a 44,000 song iTunes Library, and used to do the "only update checked songs" to my 40Gb iPod and then just managed it from there, with a playlist that looked for checked songs to see how much would fit.

But with the Nano I'm thinking of synching just playlists. But I'd like to rotate them a little.

Is there a way to "auto fill" with rotating playlists, not just rotating individual song files?

Also, will the nano auto-fill like the shuffle does?

I wasn't sure if this should be in the iTunes area, but since I specifically want to hear from nano owners I figured I'd post here.

I'm expecting my nano tomorrow and am in the process of getting my library ready to load onto it. Very excited. :)

iTara

Digital Hooligan
Jough; unfortunately you cant autofill from specific playlists, but you can have your iPod fill from all playlists, I think you can even set up how it picks the songs..

T.

LynchMOB

I have about 10,500 songs in iTunes....I use manual sync. I just created a nano folder and made playlists inside and just transfer playlist from the folder. Its not any kind of autosync but its working, so far.

jough

El Guapo
Website
poetryx.com
I'd use manual sync if it also updated my play counts and last played dates, but it doesn't (although I may try dragging and dropping the songs in the iPod back to my iTunes Library - I know it won't copy the songs back, but will it copy their counts manually?).

I think I'm just going to make a playlist comprised of my other playlists that I want on the nano (is there a way to create a playlist of playlists that live updates when you add a song to any of the playlists it contains?) and then sort that out by 3.7Gb so I know what'll go on my nano.

I also don't know if like the Shuffle you'll be able to leave the nano on the iPod source list so you can see what is on it and what will be removed. That's a nice feature for any size iPod - I don't know why they made it only work with the Shuffle (although I don't have my nano yet so I don't know if it works or not).