• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Live8 - Who's watching?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
Well folks, it's live8 (and has been for a while) and I'm wondering who's watching?

I have to say, the bands that I really want to see are still to come. I mean, I like U2, but they're not the best band around. :p

stickuto

Sticky Lounger
REM were dam good, can't believe Bill Gates came on the stage and said a few words!

Surprised he's not to busy with the next naff operating system ;)

melsmusic

We only have it on radio .. or maybe on cable which we don't have as we don't watch much TV.

I would like to see it :(

jh-retired

I'm watching, but mostly on MUTE. I'm waiting for the Pink Floyd quickie reunion gig.

LinkTree

Tapuz iPodForum moderator
Website
flickr.com
I'm too

But really waiting for PF to go - hope I wont be asleep by the time they will go live...

The others - not that good - and i'm really think is not that great to watch it on TV

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
Bob Geldof just reran the original film, from 20 years ago on the screen in London, of the reason for Live Aid - the picture froze on a young child who was clinging to life - he then brought the very same person onto stage - 24-year-old Birhan Woldu, one of the starving children featured in the original Live Aid concert who was helped thanks to money raised.... to point out that the power of the people is a force for change and Live Aid had worked.
And Live 8 can do the same.

Last edited:

stickuto

Sticky Lounger
Just to let the UK members know you can download the live Sgt. Pepper's track off iTunes. All the money from sales on this track will be donated to Live 8.

Search for the U2 page on iTunes and you will find it there.

Last edited:

Jackonicko

Retired
I've recently taken to video taping things like Jools Holland and Jonathan Ross's music guests, then using sound studio and a Griffin iMic to turn the audio into AIFFs. Some of it I've burned onto CD for the wife's car, other stuff I've converted to Mp3 and shoved on my iPod.

The quality's OK - better than most good boots, and you get some gems - Beck and Jamiroquai were superb on Later, so were the Magic Numbers, and James Brown and Joss Stone were very good on the Ross show yesterday. I'm also amassing a good collection of live Coldplay stuff (and I don't normally like them!).

I'm video taping Live 8, too, and look forward to getting some of it onto the Pod. Stereophonics seemed especially good, I thought.

I'll have the UK Live 8 on CD in a few days, I wonder if any fellow podders will have any of the other concerts, though trading them would of course be entirely illegal..... and suggesting such a trade would be altogether too naughty for words.

ham_man

Was watching it, but MTV chooses horrible artists to spotlight. Pffffttt...Green Day...

G4Bruno

15 Year-Old Macaddict!
I signed the petition. I'm about 2 hrs form Philly. I wish I went. I didn't know it was free. London has the best line-up. Remember to watch kids, it's on all day on Vh1 and MTV. And remember to sign the petition. http://www.one.org Only together we'll make a difference and influence the G8! This cause is one of the greatest. Remember, every 3 sec, an African dies of poverty. About 40 Africans died as I was typing this post. Sign the petition!