Leeds/Reading Festival 2006

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
So, anybody here go ?

I went to Leeds and have just my ticket for 2007 this morning!

The line-up on the main stage wasn't great this year but the Carling tent for me was fantastic.
Spent most of my weekend in there.

Any thoughts ? Favourite bands ? Highlights ?

Sypher

transmissions94
Website
www.undergroundhiphop.com
I went last year.. this year's line up did look a bit poo. I really, really wanted to see Primal Scream though, and have been infuriated by the number of people who said they went to see Franz Ferdinand or the Kooks or something instead (!!!)

TV on the Radio, Gogol Bordello, Coldcut, Vitalic, Yeah Yeah Yeahs etc would have been good too. Damnit now I'm beginning to wish I went :(

Last edited:

neb

Alas, I didn't make it either. I'm in agreement that the lineup was not all that good. I think it's a definate second when you compare it to Galsto, mainly due for the sheer scope of the Somerset festival.

I managed to catch little tid-bits on the Beeb (bless her cottons) and it looked like a fun place to be. I really wanted to see The Racontuers set, interesting selection of covers. Hearing their rendition of Teenage Kicks would have been a joy, but I switched on the TV too late :mad:

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
Line-up wasn't great no, but still plenty to see.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs were amazing Sypher but Primal Scream were my biggest let-down i would have to say. Bobby Gillespie doesn't sound good live!

ZeppeliniPod

I burned a DVD of the Muse set. 3.5 GB torrent:) It was awesome but not as great as their Glasto 04' performance.