Last Played

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Bakerman

I have been using an iPod since last November, but I had been doing so through Windows. I wised up and switched to a Mac.

I updated my iPod with firmware 1.3, and wiped it clean and I have been studiously working on getting all of music of choice back in through iTunes.

I noted that iTunes finds out when a song was last played on the iPod and updates the correct field, what a great feature!

A question about how this works- If you listen to only a portion of a song does it still update the last played field or does it only update after playing a song all the way through?

Overall iTunes is vastly superior to any of the Windows programs I have used for music management, and I am very pleased with it.

eustacescrubb

Website
www.johnpauldavis.org
I think you can listen to a portio of the song and have it count as being played, but I don't know how long a portion. I think maybe only a few seconds.

caterinka

My 20G updates the recently played and play counts when a song is about two thirds played. I'll have to try scrubbing to the mid-section when I'm not so busy at work. :rolleyes: (Don't you just hate it when your professional life interferes with your internet fun?)

rhad2k

Website
clem.mscd.edu
Curious...
I've always had to play through the entire song before the count was updated... of course you can cheat and scrup to the end of the song to receive the updated count... but why would you want to to such a thing ;)