Large Library/Slow iTunes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Andy_22

Following on from my previous thread i see that most people with this problem seem to move over to MediaMonkey which is much better at handling this .
If i did move over would i just import my iTunes library and could i still carry on using my iPod with it?

MaxScott

Following on from my previous thread i see that most people with this problem seem to move over to MediaMonkey which is much better at handling this .
If i did move over would i just import my iTunes library and could i still carry on using my iPod with it?
Yeah, you can import itunes library to the mediamonkey.

sallenmd

Media Monkey Gold ($25 for version 4 license or $50 for lifetime) has AutoPlaylists, which are much like SmartPlaylists. They are configured in a different way, but accomplish the same thing. Syncing to an idevice generally works well, but play counts don't seem to transfer. MediaMonkey handles my 240,000 tracks rapidly--vastly better than iTunes. I find the tag management easier as well. Right now I only use iTunes to buy music every now and again. I was using it to manage apps on my iPhone 7 and iPad Pro, but Apple removed that in the latest version, so I expect to be using iTunes very little.

sallenmd

It also depend on your pc hardware as itunes performance is depend on computer.
To a degree. But even with the latest, fastest components, including an SSD and 7200 RPM HD, iTunes chokes on libraries with tens of thousands of tracks. MediaMonkey does not. It has to do with the ridiculously inefficient way that iTunes saves changes.