Just Ordered and I Have a Few Questions

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Cubbies2166

Incubus Guru
Well I just ordered the 40GB iPod Photo from buy.com and I have a few questions so I can be ready when it arrives:

What software comes with the iPod Photo? I keep reading that you can use Adobe Album to put photos on the iPod, but it doesn't say if it comes with it or not.

Also if you bought your iPod from buy.com about how long did it take to get to you? I used the free shipping (7-9 days), but a lot of times stuff comes before the estimated day.

And the last question can I use USB 1.1 to put music on my new iPod?

Thanks for answering, also any useful tips you have for me would be appreciated.

leoj

iTunes and the iPod installation software come bundled with the iPod photo. Adobe Album is not included.

You can use USB 1.1 although it will be slow as..

blacktoned

The only software the comes with the iPod photo is iTunes and the iPod's software itself. Anything else is something you must already have.

As far as USB 1.1, the manual I read stated you needed 2.0 but I've read posts on here of people using 1.1, but that's it slower transfer speeds.

AndyH

Cubbies2166 said:
What software comes with the iPod Photo? I keep reading that you can use Adobe Album to put photos on the iPod, but it doesn't say if it comes with it or not.
No, there is no included Adobe application to help you manage your photos. You'd need to purchase this application separately.

Cubbies2166 said:
And the last question can I use USB 1.1 to put music on my new iPod?
You can, but it's not recommended as it will be painfully slow and can also tend to overheat the iPod during large file transfers. I'd look into purchasing a USB 2.0 or FireWire card for your computer.

sportsnut

Cubbies2166, I ordered the 60GB ipod photo from buy.com on 3-7-05 in the afternoon and i received it on 3-9-05. I took advantage of the free shipping but it came from South Bend Indiana so depending on where in MI u are located it could arrive tomorrow:D

Cubbies2166

Incubus Guru
My iPod just got shipped and the scheduled delivery day is tomorrow.

Do I need to sign for it?

gbarill

yeah, depends on the shipper, but most likely you'll have to sign for it, being so expensivie

sportsnut

Somebody has to sign for your pod. Buy.com has good deals but I am sure they are not into giving away the goods.

I hope you have the Feb update for itunes already. My pod had the 2004 disk so I did not use it. I put the pod in the dock and started getting my pictures together. I ripped some cd's and read the little book while waiting for it to completely charge. I saw that the battery had a looooong way to go so I used the time to take pictures of all the goodies in the box;) The AV cable looked sweet but I wanted to make sure everything worked so I went to the local radio shack and picked up a s-video cable.

The pod still was not charged so I used that time to read the entire ipod photo problem forum section. :eek: I noticed that several people had issues with the slideshows so i just pointed itunes to sync to 50 pictures. Itunes did not act a fool and screw up my album art or any of my playlists on the first sync:cool:

I don't do mac (yet) so in the 2 weeks I have just cleaned up the my pictures folder and checked it before each photo sync. I already have a cheapo photo application that works for my needs so I will just stick with that since the slideshows worked.

My only issue was with the case Apple included. Thanks to ipodlounge i knew better than to use it. I already had some ipod socks and they work well with the black cloth drawstring bag. I enjoy showing off my pictures so i figured i may as well spring for a "tux" better known as contour designs black "showcase" Amazon got that to my house in 4 days. Yesterday upon pulling into my sisters driveway my 10 year old nephew waved at me and told his friend "come on in the house, we are gonna see pictures with music". I had to turn my head and LOL while thinking, i was right, the ipod photo is more than a color screen.