Just got my ipod armor. Read if your considering this buy.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JaredM

Ok I ordered my ipod armor on the weekend. It looked great. aluminum case. It could fall and the ipod would be fine. No access to controls, but i figured i wouldnt need acess to them if i was going to be using the case. I could take it out of the case when i was at home. Boy, was i wrong. You can't take it out of the case! Well you can but it takes like 10 min. plus a lot of prying possibly scratching the ipod. It took me 3 medium sized guitar picks to pry that thing out. That's the only way to get it out. I tried the whole ribbon under the ipod trick but it didnt work. It is really really tight. Plus i thought it would be smaller. Its about two times the height of the ipod. Not a whole lot wider or longer though. Light weight, but the case feels kind of cheap. So don't buy this because its horrible. And its definately not worth $50. Maybe $15, maybe.
Pros: Somewhat good protection. Not much wider, or longer than ipod.
Cons: Kind of cheap. Cant get ipod out without maybe scratching ipod, the stupid rubber dock connector fell off and wont stay on for more than 5 mins. I almost lost mine.

So if your still considering buying one ask yourself these questions: Do I never want to take the ipod out of this case?

If you have one and love it thats great but its not for me. Maybe it would be good for extreme sports. ex: sking, skateboarding. Thats about the only poeple its good for.

So now i have a question. What kind of case should i get. I would like acces to controls and see the screen. I heard the agent18 was good. Also im going on vacation for spring break and i wont be having a case. What can i do to prevent scratches. Saran wrap? will it make it hot/melt it?

GadgetGuru72

If it's that tight it seems to be like you bought the wrong size. Maybe you got one designed for a 20GB but own a 40GB. It shouldn't be that tight.

JaredM

No i got the right one. I got one for 4g 20 gb. I read the review and it said it would be a little tight, but its insane. I would have thought someone at matias would have maybe have tested this case out with a real ipod. But i dont think they did. Maybe make the case bigger with a less dense foam? Hello! Think McFly! Its definately not worth $50 not at all. Unless you dont plan on ever taking it out of this case. Its one size fits all so i dont know how you would even fit a bigger ipod in here. This model is supposed to fit both ipod photos as well. I belive those a bigger than theese. If you had an ipod photo and this case, i dont think you could even get it in.

JaredM

I heard the scratches the ipod. Any truth? Can you take the belt clip off? Can someone post a pic of the i see?

GadgetGuru72

Follow the link in my sig for pics.

You can take the belt clip off -- I took it off mine, too.

It can scratch the iPod if you take it in and out of the case frequently and aren't careful, but I've had no problem with mine and have no scratches.

JaredM

What if i wanted to take in and out maybe once in a few days. Well i probably wouldn't. Is it slim? Does the case get scratched easily? Or do the scratches on the case show up? I was thinking either that or the agent 18 i dont know.

GadgetGuru72

If you're careful you should be able to take the iPod out of the case with no problems.

The case itself, on the other hand, can get scratched and the scratches will show. I've got a few on mine.

In comparison to the Agent 18, though, I think this one is better. The Agent 18 leaves the dock exposed, while the iSee protects it.

JaredM

Yeah, I like teh dock is protected. Looks pretty good. The screenis protected rght?

mcbain

they provide a plastic sleeve to put over ipod b4 inserting into isee so no scratches

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Man, GG, I REALLY hope iSee makes that case for iPod Photo 60Gb soon. I had one on my Gen 1 and LOVED it!

JaredM

Hmm I wonder if they sell this at the apple store. Looks great, i would love to pick one up on my way out of town cause its kind of risky taking my naked ipod out with nothing on! Where is the ipod exposed? the click weel and the top ports only rigth? are the sides exposed at all i heard they were.

GadgetGuru72

JaredM said:
Yeah, I like teh dock is protected. Looks pretty good. The screenis protected rght?
Yes, the screen is protected.

baggss said:
Man, GG, I REALLY hope iSee makes that case for iPod Photo 60Gb soon. I had one on my Gen 1 and LOVED it!
Their website has said that one is "coming soon" for the iPod photo for several months now. I have no idea what they consider be to "soon," though.

George_B

Website
www.iwindsurf.co.uk
Case

OK - just got brand new 3g 40GB iPod from apple repairs cos old one broke.

Lets get this straight - I want my iPod to be PRISTINE. No scratches, back or front, or scuffs, anything. I will take it out once a day, and wont use it every day, the rest of the time being in my stereo. Not too bothered about shock protection, just scratches. Had iSkin on old, but the bloody screen protector scratched it more than just leaving it in my pocket!

Is this possible?

GadgetGuru72

Re: Case

George_B said:
OK - just got brand new 3g 40GB iPod from apple repairs cos old one broke.

Lets get this straight - I want my iPod to be PRISTINE. No scratches, back or front, or scuffs, anything. I will take it out once a day, and wont use it every day, the rest of the time being in my stereo. Not too bothered about shock protection, just scratches. Had iSkin on old, but the bloody screen protector scratched it more than just leaving it in my pocket!

Is this possible?
That's not possible. If you use your iPod, you're going to eventually scratch it. You should pick a case that you like and will reduce, as much as possible, the likelihood of scratching, but no case is perfect.

I've tried the silicone skins, the Agent18 and the iSee. For me, the iSee wins without a doubt.

JaredM

I have to ask Gadget guru,can you give me the pros and cons of teh agent 18 and the iskin. i cant decide.

Taylorrenegade

JaredM said:
can you give me the pros and cons of teh agent 18 and the iskin. i cant decide. [/B]
May not be gadget guru but personally the isee looks better more protection espically that port protector great prices better than i armor
and someone asked if isee was sold in stores and I dont think so it's not made by apple hope that sums it up oh yeah are they gonna make and isee or agent for shuffle

GadgetGuru72

JaredM said:
I have to ask Gadget guru,can you give me the pros and cons of teh agent 18 and the iskin. i cant decide.
I assume you mean iSee and not iSkin, right?

Agent18

Pros: Frosted plastic, so it doesn't scratch as easily.

Cons: Relatively flimsy; breaks easily; no protection for dock connector.

iSee

Pros: Hard plastic; protect dock connector port.

Cons: Clear plastic that scratches relatively easy.

I have not included features that both have in common (i.e., screen protection, etc).

JaredM

Okay i think i will get the isee. But dangit i wanted to get it before i took it on vacation.