Jakalope

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Wolffe

I know the album has been out for a while, but what do you guys/gals think of Jakalope? Considering the people involved, I figured there would be a bigger buzz but there isn't much to be found on the 'net. Is it because the album is a Canadian release?

This album feels "so close". Katie B is pretty hot, but I think her voice is just a little too "sweet". I think this album could have perhaps used a more haunting voice like Amy Lee from Evanascence. Katie B's voice just seems a little too bright at times over the music's often darker tone.

Overall, I like the album. Some of the negative reviews I have read mention that this album sounds a little dated... which it very well could be... getting older I still appreciate the retro sounds of the 80's and early 90's so I probably wouldn't notice.

My favourite tracks have been Feel It, Creeper, Pretty Life, Screecher and especially Come On.

Descendant X

VIVIsectVI
Pretty Life is a good song. The rest of the album is crap. I thought I was listening to Avril Lavigne's throwaway tracks the one time I gave the entire album a listen.

I think the main problem lies with Dave Ogilvie. I mean, the guy worked for years with Skinny Puppy and then turns around and makes this garbage? Feh.