I've got a scary problem. Real toughie.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ajservo1

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. This should serve both as a query and a warning for people wanting to shop outside their iTMS.

I am in the unique position to where I can have access and use iTMS between two different countries.

I purchased my first few Japanese music store tracks last night and loaded them on my US ipod, which is loaded with about 120~ish songs from the US iTMS. When you try to playback music from the other store, it won't play back.

Apple's website suggests authorizing/deauthorizing the account with the ipod attached. That just makes things worse.

When you reset the ipod after this advice, it stops playing back ALL your purchased music from ANY store.

If you reintialize the ipod, it will still NOT playback any purchased music from either store.

After talking with Apple's support, they advised, based on my situation (which they claim to have never seen or heard about before) they recommend to NOT load music from two different regional iTMS on your ipod.

So, now in the span of 8 hours, I went from a 5000 song full 60GB 5G ipod to having 30 test tracks, none of which work, but are all valid/legal song purchases.

nihal310

The White Rabbit
That's really weird, I haven't heard about it anywhere...I would think that Apple's smart enough to see that coming and set up ITMS to avoid such clashes - the music authorization shouldn't be localised that way...or wait, should it? That might just be the problem, local laws in two different countries...

ajservo1

That's how I had to rationalize it.

I spoke with one other person who has tried it and it worked for him, but when Apple sez "No!" I'll side with them.

nihal310

The White Rabbit
That's really odd. Where did you (and your friend) initially set up your ITMS account(s)? May have something to do with that perhaps...