Itunes Wont Update Ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chuckley

OK i first put 840 songs on pod. the whole thing is messy and i get new albums since first update, and so yesterday (WELL this morning from like 12am till 4am sorting out all tracks and 'finding' the tracks that dumb itunes 'lost'.

ok well after deleting a few tracks from itunes i end up with 1006 tracks. and i plug in ipod which has 840 tracks on and it updates BUT the # doesnt change at all, its 'STUCK' at 840. and a few new albums i added went on nicely.... THEN i further investigate to see if it did update everything but LOW AND BEHOLD the damn ipod just overwrote things.

ipod pops up summin sayin 'i tunes could not add some songs to ipod, including xxx because they cannot be played on this ipod'

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?!

Ive checked on the ones that didnt make it, and i know for a fact itunes took off 3 albums that were previously on ipod. WHY cant they be played???

Im starting to believe the whole thing about itunes 'cutting off after 31 characters'.

And people wonder why i dont have itunes as default.

hotphil

iPodding in Sheffield!
Website
hotphil.blogspot.com
Sounds like you're stressed.
Are the tracks DRM protected in any way? Did you rip them? And if so, with which criteria (bitrate etc)? If they came from any P2P source don't even bother - there's all kinds of things that could be wrong with them. Do they play OK in your player?
And, why have you decided not to use iTunes? I've never had any such syncing problems with iTunes.

chuckley

yea im real stressed coz i stayed up till the wee hours sortin it all out, only for it to tell me this crap?!
nah they aint protected and play file on WMP and itunes. and yea all albums ripped on wmp @ 128kpb wma and then converted in itunes. and these were legit purchase CD'S my downloaded songs go on ipod fine with no problems, but these bought CD'S just aint workin. and like i said itunes is telling me that 3 albums wont work, even tho they been on ipod before.

i dont use itunes as i love media player 10 and itunes to me is rather 'backwards', plus the sound isnt as clear in itunes, WMP is just the best :D. i just DONT like it [itunes] or trust it.... and NOW LOOK!

LMAO ;)

what imma do now is test that '31' thing and if it works then that would be the problem.

chuckley

RIGHT: ive now gone over the tracks that didnt make it (well the obvious ones/albums). and i was right... the pathway to the file was too long so i had to move the folders to 'my music' rather than the artist folder within 'my music'... u still with me?!

AND SO i now have 942 tracks, with 64 tracks not on pod.... i cant see which ones they are... anyone know how u can find out?!

I cant believe itunes does such a thing... how STUPID!