iTunes won't burn a cd

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
S

slease

I'm using iTunes for Windows 4.5 and I can't burn any cd's in the program. It will start burning and then immediately say cancelling burn and give me an error (4000) unknown error message. This happens when I burn audio cd's, purchased or imported and also data cds.

I would happily use nero to burn my playlists but nero won't burn protected AAC files? Is there any other program I can use to let me burn my downloaded music? For 99 cents a song I'd like to get the most out of them. Also, anyone know what could be wrong with my burner? It's an HP dvd200i with completely updated drivers.

mdobilas

Reductio Ad Absurdum
Website
lifescan.com
This is straight from apple support web site:

Some CD-RW drives may not work with iTunes. To see if iTunes works with a drive, choose Edit > Preferences, then click the Burning tab. If your drive is listed, it will work with iTunes. If you don't see your device listed in the Burning pane of iTunes preferences, it may not be a supported drive or the correct drivers may not be installed. To install the appropriate drivers, reinstall iTunes.

you can go here.

S

slease

It's listed and like I said it will start the burning and stop after a few seconds with an error. I'm going to try reinstalling iTunes though because I didn't have this problem with the last version.

mobert

I started having problems since I upgraded to iTunes 4.5. I get "Cannot be read. An unknown error occured (-50)." grrrrrr...

meinhard

I have the same problem <Unknown Error 4000> when I try to burn a CD. It doesn't matter what type of file it is - AAC or MP3. I'm using a Sony 500A internal drive with the updated drivers. Anyone have a solution on this one???

Sinner_Central

Website
sincity.typepad.com
I've tried everything you guys have listed here, but I'm beginning to lose my mind because of blasted iTunes 4.5. I've reinstalled, checked to see if my CD-R is compatible...everything should work, but it doesn't. All I get is this error:
"The attempt to burn a disc failed. An unknown error occurred (4450)."

At first, I thought that maybe I'd been using an already-written-on CD-R, but Windows XP recognises it as a blank disc. This wouldn't be so bad, were it not for the fact that since I've installed iTunes 4.5, I can't use ANY of the other burning software I have on my PC. At all. Ahead Nero doesn't work, neither does Windows Media, or Roxio. And it was all good about a week ago, before I installed the new iTunes.

MY CD-RW drive is an internal (laptop) Mat####a UJDA330. I can't find updated drivers for it from anywhere, but by the same token, it was working fine with the previoud version of iTunes. And even when I uninstalled the program, I STILL can't burn anything. It's like I've been cursed!

About 20 useless CDs later, I'm totally ready to rip someone a new orifice. Any help or suggestions at all would be appreciated.

Urban Yeti

i have the SAME problem, but it's worse cuz just last night 4.5 was burning fine, and all of a sudden, BAM 2 hours later i can't burn a thing! Gah! I'm using Windows 2000. Any help?!

TheOnlyTime69

I had this same problem. It kept saying unknown error (4000). I went into preferences and slowed down the burning speed all the way to 1x. It takes longer, but its actually burning now. It hasn't burned all the way yet, so I haven't been able to listen to it to make sure it works, but before I changed the speed I never got this far.

Bubba171811

TheOnlyTime69 said:
I had this same problem. It kept saying unknown error (4000). I went into preferences and slowed down the burning speed all the way to 1x. It takes longer, but its actually burning now. It hasn't burned all the way yet, so I haven't been able to listen to it to make sure it works, but before I changed the speed I never got this far.
I was wondering if this completely worked for you. I tried that but it didn;t work for me. I am at a loss on what to do next. Any thoughts?
Thanx...
Paul

Bubba171811

slease said:
I'm using iTunes for Windows 4.5 and I can't burn any cd's in the program. It will start burning and then immediately say cancelling burn and give me an error (4000) unknown error message. This happens when I burn audio cd's, purchased or imported and also data cds.

I would happily use nero to burn my playlists but nero won't burn protected AAC files? Is there any other program I can use to let me burn my downloaded music? For 99 cents a song I'd like to get the most out of them. Also, anyone know what could be wrong with my burner? It's an HP dvd200i with completely updated drivers.
Hey Slease, did you ever get a resolution on this problem. I am having the same issue now after upgrading to Itunes 7.7. I have tried everything written in this thread and still can not fix it. Any thoughts?
Thanx...
Paul

Bubba171811

Sinner_Central said:
I've tried everything you guys have listed here, but I'm beginning to lose my mind because of blasted iTunes 4.5. I've reinstalled, checked to see if my CD-R is compatible...everything should work, but it doesn't. All I get is this error:
"The attempt to burn a disc failed. An unknown error occurred (4450)."

At first, I thought that maybe I'd been using an already-written-on CD-R, but Windows XP recognises it as a blank disc. This wouldn't be so bad, were it not for the fact that since I've installed iTunes 4.5, I can't use ANY of the other burning software I have on my PC. At all. Ahead Nero doesn't work, neither does Windows Media, or Roxio. And it was all good about a week ago, before I installed the new iTunes.

MY CD-RW drive is an internal (laptop) Mat####a UJDA330. I can't find updated drivers for it from anywhere, but by the same token, it was working fine with the previoud version of iTunes. And even when I uninstalled the program, I STILL can't burn anything. It's like I've been cursed!

About 20 useless CDs later, I'm totally ready to rip someone a new orifice. Any help or suggestions at all would be appreciated.
Did this ever get resolved for you? I am suffering the same frustration, (my error is the same, except for 4000 instead of 4450) only with the new Itunes 7.7. Never had it before....
Thanx,
Paul

Bubba171811

drewhiggins said:
What brand of CDs are you using? Maybe iTunes 7.7 has issues with certain brands.

I tried usiong the same ones I have always used, Maxell CD-R's 80min. I also tried using some Imation ones I had. Same thing.
Any other thoughts?
Thanx...

Tingle

ITunes stops burning - good workaround

Hi guys,

I had the same issues you are all describing here and I simply rebooted my machine and started it up in SAFE MODE - where it then went on to burn CD's fine. Not the best answer but at least it will stop you throwing your machine at the wife

My name is Liam Tingle. I run club night events in and around London

Liam Tingle on facebook. Let me know if this worked for you !! Take care

crafterdi

Don't throw away your CDs! Some of mine say canceling burn error 4500 and I played the CDs and they actually had the songs burned onto them... so can't hurt to check...