• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

iTunes Video Means iPod Video

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

iPac

Website
www.thuglifearmy.com
Hey,

That's my geuss.........They have got the iTunes set up with the video capability ready for the realease of the 5G, which will also have video compatibility.

Why else would they put video on iTunes?

I think its a little hint from Apple.

~iPac

~tl

Yeah, seems like an obvious next move. But we all know how Apple hasn't always done things for obvious reasons! Maybe they are just teasing us :p

TOM

Zap

Mac Zealot
on the new itunes 4.8 ,that was a tale tell sign bUT apple could be waiting until they havea few more videos for sale

Spurs

I can't imagine the point of videos on iPod, if you can connect the iPod to a TV then yeah, but who would watch videos on the go?

neb

I wonder if there would be a battery left once you've played a movie...

whatsthepoint

I dont think the next ipod is a video because some company is bringin this thing out for ipod which will allow it to show video on a big screen so it is probobly to do with dat

russgiro88

iObsessed
It's highly unlikely that Apple added video into iTunes for some 3rd party piece of hardware. Apple doesn't catter to 3rd parties when designing their products. It's always the other way around. So much so that Apple demands payment from 3rd party vendors. If there is video coming to iPod, it will be Apple's doing.

Zap

Mac Zealot
the photo ebcome the normal ipod while a new ipod video comes out

iBimbo

i agree with Zap: the 5G will probably be similar (almost exact) to the current iPod Photo. Just maybe bigger hard drives and longer battery life. the video ipod will take the empty space in the line that the Photo used to have.

Nickster

GODZILLA!!!111oneone
Website
thenickster.net
Ipod video, I don't think it will come with the 5G because look at the photo it only last 5 hours when playing a slideshow! I left a picture on one time and the whole battery was sucked up before dark. I don't think Video will come with the 5G maybe but I doubt it.

appleson

my dad works for apple and i found a pic of something that looked like an ipod video on his computer
it had a big screen, same colour as other ipods and had a screenshot of desperate housewives
if u give me ur email i'll send it to you. if it really is an ipod video, i cant wait to get it

rc-86

Website
www.rc86.com
Hahaha, that's funny this kid actually thinks we believe him. And if your father did work for Apple he could get fired for you posting this. So either way it's pretty silly.

What kind of videos are on 4.8? I haven't upgraded yet.

Judas1012

Grade-A Beef
Website
www.jeffhoppe.com
The only videos on iTunes 4.8 are music videos. If Apple does release a video iPod, I would be willing to bet that it only plays music videos from the iTunes Music Store, since music videos do not fall under the jurisdiction of the MPAA.

I highly doubt the MPAA would allow actual movies to be downloaded and played on the iPod. Apple had a tough enough time with the RIAA getting them to "ok" the music store -- the MPAA is a different, bigger, tougher beast to conquer.

Also, watching a ~2 hour movie on the iPod would be painful eyeball suicide. Watching a short, 4 minute music video, on the other hand: now that's do-able.

My guess: no movies on the iPod for quite some time. Music videos, very possible.

doug1981

Banned
Website
www.easyipod.co.uk
I think that an ipod video could really work you could store video on the ipod and use a lead to plug into the TV, just like the ipod photo slide show. I know it would be hard on the battery but battery life is getting better with each release of the ipod. I for one would love a video option so I could store movies when I am away from home.

bhaalspawn

Ah how about this. Apple make an ipod that can store video and can play back music videos but for feature films they make an accesory to enable this. I've only just thought this up so the details are a little fuzzy but I'm imagining it like this; about the size of a portable DVD player with a fold out screen which has an ipod shaped slot in it. The ipod plugs into this lenthgwise so that it's flush with the surface of the device. I have no photoshop skills so I can't produce a picture unfortunetly but just imagine a portable DVD player with an ipod slot instead of a disc tray.

All this thing would be is a pair of speakers a 7" screen, an ipod connector and a battery. It gives the ipod the screen size and the battery power to play a feature film. The actual processing is done via the ipod. The aim would be to keep the cost of the ipod and the film playing unit the same combined as the cost of a standalone portable video player but with many more advantages.

This means you now have the ability to play a feature film without draining the battery. Those who want a feature film or TV playing ipod can buy this unit for a relatively cheap price while retaining the portability of the ipod for when they want to use it for music.

This works because IMO people only watch video when they are going on a long journey. In that case portability won't matter too much as you'll have a backpack and likely some sort of table to rest this thing on. So you have the convenience of a portable video player and you don't have to lug around DVDs, the battery life and screen size of a portable DVD player and you still retain the portability of the ipod's form factor for when you're not using it to watch a film on.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.