Itunes & TV shows

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

murphzmom

I have some tv shows that I wanted to watch. I have them all converted to mp4and they are showing in the tv shows tab in I tunes I can see them in a list. My sync button is selected for tv shows. I sync my Ipad (version 1) and it looks to be going fine. I click on the video icon (once done syncing) on the ipad and nothing shows up. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!!

cjmnews

Staff member
A couple of items:

1. You don't have sync TV Shows turned on. Click on the iPad in iTunes and find the TV Shows tab, put a check mark next to Sync TV Shows, set the drop down (All shows, unwatched shows) appropriately. Click the Apply button.

2. If the above does not work, they may not be in the correct format for an iPad. You may need to right click the TV Show and choose create iPad Version. Then Sync, like above.

murphzmom

I have the sync TV shows turned on and the drop down is set to all shows. The shows are all in the mp4 format. To make sure that they are ok though can I right click on them while I am in ITunes and then click the create iPad version? I have a very love/hate relationship with iTunes and need all the help that I can get.

Thanks!!

cjmnews

Staff member
I forgot to ask if they play in iTunes? I am assuming they do.

Yes, you have to do the conversion in iTunes.

There are codecs that are needed to display on an IOS device like an iPad. iTunes will convert the video and apply the codecs needed.