Itunes TV Season Pass question

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mejulie

So i'm thinking of buying a season pass for a show. Not sure which one.

Is it worth it to get the season pass? Do they know how many episodes total they will have before listing prices?

Does this work like a video podcast subscription?

I am hoping I can set it to update every hour so I can download the episodes during when I sleep and sync it so I can watch it at school.

If not how do you set purchased items to check for updates every hour.

What if it fails to download? What could i Do? say I disconnect by accident. Will I be able to continue?

How was your experience with season pass?

Eric Lewis

Apple Lover
Yes i bought a season pass for the hills for my sister for her really late x-mas gift...(its season two) i know the first season was like 10 episoded for 20bucks...so the second is around that...

after the show aired..the next day i would open itunes and it automatically downloaded...then i plugged my ipod in and that was it..

..so im not sure about the check every hout

Is it worth it to get the season pass? Do they know how many episodes total they will have before listing prices?

You should get around the same amount of episodes that the previous season had give or take 1 or 2. You usually can expect to get more for your money.

Does this work like a video podcast subscription? I am hoping I can set it to update every hour so I can download the episodes during when I sleep and sync it so I can watch it at school

No, it doesn't work like that at all. Whenever an episode is available you can download it. You will recieve an email to your account on record letting you know when an episode is available for download. You can then click on 'Store' > Check for purchases on the iTunes toolbar to download any episodes. You can let the episode download overnight so they will be available when you wake up the next day.

If not how do you set purchased items to check for updates every hour.

You don't set purchased items to check for updates.

What if it fails to download? What could i Do? say I disconnect by accident. Will I be able to continue?

Download FAQ - See this link for help if your purchase doesn't download or you have any problems with a download. You can use the space provided at the bottom of this page to email customer support & include your order number which is located on the email that iTS will send to you email account or go into your iTS account purchase history. The instructions are on the first FAQ listed on how to do this.

Any show you have a problem with use the above link customer service will give you a refund or a credit for the show(s).

How was your experience with season pass?

I have had several season passes without any problems. They are good to have for shows you really like and especially when the price is right & you don't want to buy the DVD of the season because it is not available yet or you don't want to rip and convert all of the shows yourself.

butterfly0fdoom

I've got two seasons passes (I would have a third, but I had a bit of a problem with iTunes about it, and customer service fixed it in a way where i really do come out ahead in the end). I love the idea of the season pass-- it's cheaper than buying individual episodes, and iTunes downloads the newest episode automatically after it's released (for me, at least). Convenient and more affordable. Do make sure it's something you'll watch again in the future, though.

Galley

Website
www.galleytech.com
My only season pass is for The Sarah Silverman Program. It was only $9.99, but I have no idea how many episodes it will be. So far five episodes have aired.

My question is: What if you pay $40 for a TV Show season pass, but it gets canceled after 6 episodes. Does Apple give you a $28 refund for the episodes that weren't produced?

MouseWax

I purchased the current season of Battlestar Galactica (I don't get SciFi on masic cable :( ). After I purchased it I was informed they are reducing the number of episodes for the season and I was issued $6.00 in iTMS credit (which I promptly blew). I am very happy with the service and I may replace my cable with the subscriptions.

cinaminsweet

The only season pass I have is for the show Veronica Mars. I got it because I was going on a plane trip and I wanted to watch it on the plane. I also like to watch the eps when I'm at the gym. The only problem I've had is the eps are taking up all the space on my hard drive, so now I've got to figure out a way to transfer them to discs or get an external hard drive. Make sure you have lots of diskspace for all your shows!

I never knew they would give you your money back for reduced episodes. VM was reduced from 22 to 20. I wonder if they'd give me some of my money back.

butterfly0fdoom

Galley said:
My question is: What if you pay $40 for a TV Show season pass, but it gets canceled after 6 episodes. Does Apple give you a $28 refund for the episodes that weren't produced?
They don't offer season passes until they have that deal worked out with the network, and the network only lets Apple offer a season pass when they commit to a full season.

snicky

The Sarah Silverman Program's first season is ending Wednesday I believe.

Dim

Website
www.lemires.com
So we got 1 person saying the new episodes of a season pass do not automatically download, but just notify you via email. Then I see a couple of others who are claiming they automatically download. Which is it? Or is there a setting somewhere for this.

CorgiMom

I get notified by email and once I open iTunes, they download automatically.

I love Seasons Passes... I have 2 of them: Heroes and Grey's Anatomy. I would have bought the DVD's anyway and converted them for my iPod.

Kutanks

It's much cheaper to do what i do, I have a media center pc and i just record all my shows with my comp. and convert them for my ipod. I can get them on my ipod within an hour, but itunes takes a day to post new episodes. Since my tv tuner cost about 50 bucks, i save money in the long-run.

Chrystopher

Season Pass Can Replace Cable

Pros
  • No Cable Bill
  • semi-automatic downloads
  • NO COMMERCIALS
Cons
  • Not completely automated
  • Delayed availability
  • not quite HDTV quality
I have 2 current season passes, and one previous. I have had trouble twice where I received the email but the episode wasn't available. The first time it was resolved within a few days by submitting a request. The second time just happened and isn't resolved yet.

I am disappointed that numerous times I have seen the latest episode available for purchase in the store but not available when I go to Store > Check for Purchases. Usually this is resolved within a day, but it is not up to the caliber of a decent podcast. I can't really understand why free podcasts work more reliably than something I have paid for, but I imagine Apple will get better at this over time.

I love not having commercials, and I love being able to take my shows with me. My wife and I both have 60gb video iPods. During a recent flight we were able to watch the same episodes of one Grey's Anatomy, and it was great. They play the same episode where we left off on the TV in our hotel room, simply awesome.

A Season Pass is usually cheaper than the DVD's, and of course available much earlier.

I pay $100/mo for HD Cable and 2 DVRs. I can download a lot of iTunes Season's passes for $1200/year.

emilsjr

Galley said:
I get the notification by email, but still have to "check for purchases". Weird.
You have to turn on the option in Itunes to have it automatically download new content.

In the Store tab in Itunes preferences, check the "Automatically download prepurchsed content" option to have it do it automatically.

Galley

Website
www.galleytech.com
emilsjr said:
You have to turn on the option in Itunes to have it automatically download new content.

In the Store tab in Itunes preferences, check the "Automatically download prepurchsed content" option to have it do it automatically.
I do, but it doesn't seem to work. :confused: