Itunes Sync

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dusty_V

I've been using an iPod (Gen 5) for several years. I just bought a Christmas present of an iPhone 7 Plus. I mostly used the pod for music and audiobooks so I just wanted to put everything on the phone and retire the pod. I plugged the phone into the USB hub and iTunes recognizes the device but when I try to sync the top of the program says step; 3 and stops and I get a "ding 3x". Tried rebooting both computer and device but so far I haven't been able to sync. Any Comments, ideas or flames welcome.
TNX,

cjmnews

Staff member
You didn't tell us versions of iTunes or iOS.

You must have version 12.5.1 at a minimum to sync with iOS 10 which is the minimum an iPhone 7 should be running.

3 dings is not a lot go on.

Did you log into the iPhone with your Apple ID?
Did you log into iCloud with your Apple ID?
Did you allow the iPhone to trust your computer?
Are you using the same Apple ID in your iTunes and your iPhone?

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Dusty_V

Woops sorry:
iTunes = 12.7.2.58
IOS = 11.2.1

What I meant was when I hit the sync button on the device page (in iTunes, at the top of the screen where the progress indicator is Step and Step 2 flash by really quickie Step 3 stays for a few seconds then the sync progress ends and I get a "ding" I assume that means the sync is closed.

Cloud drive is activated on the phone and my Windows 7 PC is also logged in to the cloud with the same Apple ID.

Cloud and phone logged into using the same apple ID. As for authorizing the computer from the phone I'm not exactly sure. I entered my passcode (on the phone) when prompted. I dunno, I've been syncing my pod with this same configuration for quit a while. Now I just want everything to sync with my phone. Is this enough data for the present?
TNX

Dusty_V

Fixed

Thank You everyone for helping me out with ideas. My kid came by earlier this evening with one of my grandkids The 12 year old got me all fixed and syncing properly (is that embarrassing or what) Anyway case closed. Thanks All

cjmnews

Staff member
Out of curiosity, what was the issue?

That could help another person searching for a solution using Google's
site:forums.ilounge.com YourSearchText