iTunes Song Purchase Question

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MoonlitShadow

I have 4 song credits in my iTunes, and I was trying to buy one song ($1.29) tonight. When trying to buy the song, I got the (error?) message that I didn't have sufficient song credits to make this purchase. How can this be possible? If I have 4 song credits available, how are they not sufficient to buy 1? Even if the credits total $4 (not sure of the total), which would not be enough for 4 songs anymore as most are $1.29 each, I still should have enough to buy just one song, right?

The irony of all this is how I obtained the song credits was from a previous issue trying to purchase iTunes music. Do song credits exclude any specific types of songs? I was using my iPod (and then tried an iPad) to make this purchase. I was going to call Apple about this, but I wanted to check thoughts and opinions here first. Any idea what could be going on here and what I could do to resolve it?

cjmnews

Staff member
Per the Apple purchases and billing page, the song credits have a value, and the song you are purchasing must be the same or less than that value.

So if the song credits are for $.99 tracks, you can't buy a $1.29 track with them, if I understand their credit system correctly.

You do have to the same Apple ID the credits were awarded to in order to use them for a purchase. That should be obvious. So I would say that the value of the credit needs to be checked. See if they are a lower value. If so, go for some older tracks that are cheaper and see how it goes.

I haven't seen a song credit before, so it is hard to know for sure how to handle this.