iTunes samples stop playing

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bordeaaj

I have never had any problems playing the iTunes Music Store samples until recently. Now I have a problem where the sample quits playing about 2-3 seconds into the sample. Is this a streaming buffer problem? Under edit/preferences/advanced I have tried setting the streaming buffer size at each of the small, medium, and large settings but it doesn't seem to help. I have a very fast cable modem and windowsxp if that helps diagnose anything. I tried searching the forums with different keywords but came up empty. Has anyone heard any solution to this problem? Thanks!:confused:

Last edited:

dingly

yeah, itunes is acting wierd for me too.

could you try checking your account by clickcing your email and typing your password? and tell if it works or an error pops up.....

christine999

I'm having this same problem now - any solutions?

I know this thread is old, but it's the only one I've found that is like the problem I now have. I've had no problem with Itunes until now - when I preview the Itunes song samples before purchasing them, they stop playing after only 5 seconds and do not play the whole 30 second preview. If I move the arrow to the middle of the clip, it will then play again only 5 seconds and then stop. Any ideas?
I've googled my problem, and saw some references to Norton - I recently installed Norton 360, but I can't tell for sure when this problem started - before or after that.
I've changed my buffering under Edit/Preferences to Large, still have the problem.
I have a 6 month old HP laptop Pavilion dv-5 with Vista 64 bit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

christine999

Itunes problem solved! - remove Norton Safety Minder

:) I solved the problem!! I removed my Norton 360, but that did not solve the problem. My itunes preview song clips still didn't play more than 5 sec (not the 30 sec they are supposed to). I read somewhere else that someone said it might be the programs Norton Online Family & Norton Safety Minder (which I had on the computer, but never used). I removed those 2 programs, and VOILA!, Itunes song clips play now the full 30 seconds! My daughter is so happy! and I'll never install those 2 Norton products again! :)