iTunes Runtime Error + Library Gone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Tekki

I am utterly confused, this is the second time iTunes died on me without me even restarting the PC.

What happened this time was, I tried to open it but it gives me the following error:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe

R6025
-Pure virtual function call

And then once I click OK, iTunes gets the Windows error and closes.

What's also odd is that my entire library has disappeared(Playcounts, playlists) but the original files are still around.

I had a look at the iTunes files in My Music and they seem pretty empty which means somehow everything has been reverted back to nothing.

Is there anything I can do get my original playlists/playcounts back? Or even fix iTunes so it would open?

I've tried reinstalling QT/iTunes seperately and together and tried many different versions but nothing.

Black Beauty

Hello Mods!

I have never asked for your help, but I'm asking now. Please help with this: Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe. I have never seen anything like this. Have you?

Thank you,

Black Beauty

Black Beauty

I have been forced to "up grade" to iTunes 7.3. I'm unhappy, cause I don't have the iPhone, nor do I intend to buy one anytime soon. But because of this Runtime error. Is this a trick of Apple or is it just my computer?

Black Beauty

I'm so upset, I can't even type. What I was trying to say is that I don't think I should have to up grade to iTunes7.3 just to get rid of this runtime error.

Black Beauty

Well, the up grade has seemed to "fix" the runtime error. Now, my songs that start with number are at the bottom of my iTunes library. :(