iTunes phone revealed!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

neb

I'm a bit apprehensive about mixing the two devices together. In fact I'm not overly keen on having a mobile phone in the first place. I'm sure people coped pretty well without one. I gave in, and followed the crowd like a right sheep. Same could probably be said about my taste in DAP.

Besides, where is the white styling and the Apple trademarks. This is a generic piece of grey rubbish. It looks like every other mobile phone out there. I was more excited about the new Nokia twisty phone. If Apple wanted to venture into the mobile phone market, with or without Motorola, then wouldn't they have plumped for something they've designed? And not something that has fallen out of the Motorola reject bin.

Will anyone be buying this? If so, is it because it is iTunes?

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
Nothing more to say?

It looks very good but I just got my new phone yesterday...

violinmathchick

I wonder how the battery will perform on this phone. I listen to music for many hours on end, and if I don't have the charger on me when the battery dies on the phone from listening to music I am left with a dead phone - which, in New York City, is NOT a good thing.

Diana

Verita'

Banned
Website
www.onlinephotography.com
Kristiano said:
Nothing more to say?

It looks very good but I just got my new phone yesterday...
Well, in a market flooded with thousands of cell phone designs, it's rather average. I'd imagine something more representative of the Mac lineup, with a more streamlined design. A wimpy iTunes interface isn't enough reason for me to give up my LG's (which I get for free), my Palm or my Blackberry.

-James

Website
www.google.co.uk
Its a Motorola E398 with iTunes software...big deal. The E398 has been out for ages and all they've done is add a Music button above the joystick. However this is probably just a prototype to demonstrate the software, or perhaps a lower end model that they're going to release. They'll probably be making lots of different models, some of which are hopefully designed by Apple. I hate the Motorola font as well...

yuck

Still thinking of a title
is it official ?
too bad,.. im not a motorola fan
ill stay with my 20gb 4th gen ipod + sony ericsson k700i :D

wco81

Do you guys think that the appeal of having one gadget whcih does all will get people to carry their phones all the time and leave the iPod and other DAPs at home?

That is what the cell phone industry is banking on. That and the belief that people will pay $2 or $3 for a song if they hear something while out and about rather than waiting to get home.

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
I'm happy with my Nokia 6630 and 30GB iPod :D

I might get an iPhone or an iTunes phone for my next phone as a show of my support for Apple. As long as the UI is usable and it looks good, I have no qualms. But switch immediately? Naw.

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
Kristiano said:
I'm happy with my Nokia 6630 and 30GB iPod :D

I might get an iPhone or an iTunes phone for my next phone as a show of my support for Apple. As long as the UI is usable and it looks good, I have no qualms. But switch immediately? Naw.
How can you carry that 6630 around with you Kris ? They are almost the size of a house brick...

Maxman

Don't Call Me Fat, Jon...
I wouldn't mind an iTunes phone, but I know I won't get one. I am on Sprint, unfortunately, and it won't work with sprint. I was expecting something that looked more like the iPod.

Lone

A man who likes his taffy
Eh, not enough memory. I doubt the iTunes stuff is worth it for most people.

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
Well, it says it shipped with a 128MB Card, but I'm sure you could either put in a 1GB card, or it might come in different memory sizes. You never know... :)

wco81

Or you could get a cheaper phone and a Shuffle for about the same price.

Maybe even less.

Other cell phones will give you the ability to hold your phone up to a song being played, identify it and give you the chance to buy it right there. For about $2 or $3 or more.