iTunes not remember the song I played after closing

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

gib65

On my iPhone XR, if I'm playing a song on one of my playlists, then I pause it and close my phone (hit the button on the right side), and come back to it a while later, it's got the wrong song on the opening screen (where you have to swipe up to get in). It's usually the first song on another playlist but sometimes just a different song on the same playlist. I can still go into iTunes to see what song I have it paused on and it's the correct song, just on the opening page it's not (actually, just today it was the wrong song in iTunes but all other times it's been correct). I've only ever seen this happen when I close my phone for a relatively long time (like maybe 20 minutes or longer).

Has anyone seen this happen before? Any fixes?

cjmnews

Staff member
I don't see the same issue on an iPhone X iOS 12.3, soon to be upgraded to 12.3.1. Mine shows the current song that was playing. How long is a while later? I was doing a minute or two.

I agree that Music (not iTunes, that is a shopping app, not a music app) shows the correct song. Are you really using the iTunes app? I may have to install it again to test, maybe they changed it.

As for the long paused tracks, I find that it generally keeps the correct song unless it was playing to a Bluetooth device that was powered off so it could not be heard.

The Music widget definitely has the wrong song. The widget is pretty useless. Tap the song in the widget and it starts playing, that seems to be the only function. No controls for the player, random song showing. Useless.