iTunes music store

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Larathydo

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Austria
Belgium
Deutschland
Finland
France
Greece
Italy
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Portugal
Spain
United Kingdom
and United States.

All the above 13 countries that have the ability to purchase music legally from iTunes. Why, if i may ask, is Canada excluded from the list?

Canada is also the "brother up north" for the United States, so to speak (so often for products, it seems). Why is Apple giving all these other countries precedent and Canada seems to never get service for the iTMS. iPods in Canada are absolutly booming! So many of my friends have iPods now it's unbelieveable how it's had an effect on society up here. I have had my iPod, which is a 3rd generation, for quite some time now. Now, the iPod mini, the 4th Generation, the iPod "U2" edition, and the iPod "Photo" have been released, yet there STILL isn't any iTMS service? This is a huge disgrace for Apple towards Canadian iPod consumers (as well as iPod perspective buyers).

Now, i'm not trying to give any disrespect towards the other countries (I think it is wonderfull they have the service), but it is quite frankly apauling that this hasent come into effect yet, especially with all the emphesis on the iPods with TV Commercials and not to mention the St. George subway in toronto!

I am very disapointed i've had my iPod so long and have not had the oppertunity to download legal music. What do others think? Is there anyone from Canada who can attest to what i speak of?

justgotmyipod

im disappointed in apple too. I heard one guy on the forum actually said apple was going to open the itunes music store in canada next month. Im not sure if its true, but we should look forwards to it. However, an iTunes store in canada does not make any difference for me.

Doug Gilmour

Intelligentleman
Website
www.last.fm
Larathydo said:
Wow... Excellent. I have heard from a few sources that this was gonna happen quite awhile ago (but never happened), but it took this long to do it?

Nevertheless. Words can't describe how much joy i feel. Thank you for making my day my friend! :D
Perhaps you are a bit over jubilant? Even now that it will be in Canada I still won't be using it.. The selection is not quite the greatest, as it lacks a few prominent artists such as Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc.. Also you can get such better non-proprietary audio from other not so legal sources... Also for the whole "Now I can finally buy music legally from a good online store" argument, that is untrue in Canada. We PAY a levy on certain products such as CD-Rs, iPods, etc that are used to compensate the Recording Companies, so really what we are doing is perfectly legal and if we were to buy "legally"we would actually be paying a worthless tax...

I am not excited about this to say the least... But at least Canada is getting some recognition..

-Dan