iTunes Music Store in Canada?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Larathydo

I've heard rumors that the iTunes music store is going to be deployed very shortly in Canada (Have you seen pictures of the St. George subway in Toronto? That seems like good proof). Is there any trouth to this rumor? I think europe is getting the Music Store soon too, any chance that Canada and Europe will be deployed at the same time if there is such an event coming up?

Obisidan

:confused: I can understand why iPod mini was not released in Canada at its launch, but from day one, iTunes should have been in Canada, to think that so many iPods are being sold here, and we don't have iTunes. :) I hope they bring it here quickly.

pdjudd

iPodder Everyday
The ITMS isnt avaialbel in Canada since the legal matters werent worked out. its very different from the US.

bakemen80

YEAH SERIOUSLY!!!

I didnt know when i bought my ipod, on the way home i was really looking forward to downloading some new music from itunes, and then i read the manual...

Obisidan

what legal issues were there? cause Canada isn't as strict when it coems to p2p downloading.

pdjudd

iPodder Everyday
illegal p2p dowloading is alot differnet than negociating the labels and artists to determine the basic compensation things. the legal things. Apples secutities are very loose and other peoples restrictions are tighter. based on canadas curent laws on p2p, my guess was that they were less than enthusiastic. Online bying of music is still new on other countries.

thats my guess, but it could be anything...