iTunes Has Encountered A Problem & Needs To Close

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
This is my cry for help as i am not great on PCs and have no clue as to why iTunes will suddenly not open at all.

Everytime i try to open iTunes i get a message in a little box in the middle of the screen.

This just started happening about a month ago and i have not been able to run iTunes since. I have installed and re-installed iTunes literally hundreds of times with no success.

Anybody have any ideas at all ? I haven't been able to update my ipod now for a month and am getting rather frustrated. Anybody else had this problem before ? Does anyone know of a fix for this ?

EDIT: This box appears without iTunes having even load up and my computer still recognizes my ipod aswell.

This is the box which pops up everytime i try to load iTunes:

Attachments

Last edited:

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
There is a possibility that your PC's security is messing with iTunes. Try running iTunes with all your security shut off, to see if that's the problem. You might want to reinstall with the security off as well....................

Good luck.

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
Just tried that now jwc. I turned off my anti-virus and firewall and also disconnected my internet connection, but still got the same messgae.

Anymore ideas ?

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
When was your last update? Did your problems start after an update? If so, have you tried going to an older version of iTunes?

Also, what new software/hardware have you added lately?

Last edited:

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
jwc110869 said:
Also, what new software/hardware have you added lately?
I was thinking that too, so i got rid of anything/everything that i had installed in the last month (even though that wasn't much)

I can't remember the last time i updated. How would i go about getting an older version of iTunes jwc ?

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
iMacc said:
I was thinking that too, so i got rid of anything/everything that i had installed in the last month (even though that wasn't much)

I can't remember the last time i updated. How would i go about getting an older version of iTunes jwc ?
There's a good chance you have an older version. Either the origional installation disc, or in your download folder.

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
Thanks for the link jwc. Via that website i downloaded and installed iTunes 4.8, 4.9, 5.0 and reinstalled the latest version again.

Still no joy at all.

I'm just about ready to give up now. Anybody recommend the best alternative to iTunes ?

enjoilax

Foobar for music playback, but Foobar takes a bit to learn, so use Winamp :). And Anapod Explorer for transferring.

Try doing this:

uninstall iTunes, uninstall quicktime.
Go into:
C:\Documents and Settings\usernamegoeshere\Application Data and delte the iTunes folder. Then:
Install Quicktime Alternative (filehippo.com) and install the latest version of iTunes. that should do the trick. Otherwise its a system issue.

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
I did exactly what you said enjoi and i still get the same old message appearing.

Must be a system issue.

Cheers anyway to you both for trying......

Last edited: