iTunes forgets where music is located

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

a7dk

Hi guys...I have a problem I hope someone can help with.

I moved my music library to the external drive a few weeks ago. Most of the time, everything is fine, but sometimes (I think this has happened 3 or 4 times so far) Itunes, for no apparent reason, forgets where my music is located and looks for it in the place where it used to be on the c: drive. This has happened at least 3 times, usually after iTunes automatially downloads a podcast that I'm subscribed to. Could these 2 events be related?

I never turn off my external drive.

Any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated!

If it matters, today I updated to 7.0.

iSkye

So, are you saying for a while it downloads to the correct directory and then suddenly it changes? Make sure you have the new directory set up properly in iTunes. Go to edit--> preferences--> select "advanced" and make sure the proper path is listed in the "iTunes Music Folder Location" box..

This happened to me, but only if I uninstall and re-install iTunes or update. I have to go in each time and update the location. It always defaults to the C: drive.

I also updated to 7.0 this week. I hope I understood and helped!

a7dk

Thanks iSkye. Yes, that is what I was saying and the file path is correct. Well, I would set it to be correct and then it would magically change to the old path, especially when it downloaded podcasts. However, since I updated to 7.0 it hasn't happened, even when it downloaded the podcast...so I'm hoping it's okay now.

iSkye

Well I'm glad it's resolved for now. that's really weird that it would change on it's own.