iTunes demands disk in floppy drive?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

snowdog99

I temporarily changed the settings in iTunes to rip a track direct to a floppy disk. Even though I put it back to the default setting straight after whenever I start iTunes up now i get a "no disk in drive A" message. It only takes a click on the "continue" button to get passed it but it is still irritating.

Any ideas how to stop it happening?

snowdog99

I asked this question yonks ago and never got an answer. Today I had a sort of epifany moment and solved it myself. There has been a similar question lately so I thought I should post about it.

Recently, for some reason I can't remember, I fired up iTunes under a different login on my PC and it went straight in without demanding a disk. At the time I didn't think much of it but today the significance finally struck me - the problem must be in my personal settings.

So I un-installed iTunes and then went to C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Applications Data\Apple Computers\iTunes and deleted the iTunes preferences file. I did the same at C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Applications Data\Apple Computers\iTunes. I then re-installed iTunes.

The problem/irritation has gone.

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
I tell ya, iTunes for Windows seems like it was put together by DOS programmers. As if over Cupertino, they really loath Windows but had no choice but to come up with one.

philgrocks

After looking for a solution for months to this problem I finally found this post.... Thank you, thank you, thank you!

This fixed my problem!

swenpro

Shortcut!

I asked this question yonks ago and never got an answer. Today I had a sort of epifany moment and solved it myself. There has been a similar question lately so I thought I should post about it.

Recently, for some reason I can't remember, I fired up iTunes under a different login on my PC and it went straight in without demanding a disk. At the time I didn't think much of it but today the significance finally struck me - the problem must be in my personal settings.

So I un-installed iTunes and then went to C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Applications Data\Apple Computers\iTunes and deleted the iTunes preferences file. I did the same at C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Applications Data\Apple Computers\iTunes. I then re-installed iTunes.

The problem/irritation has gone.
Thanks for the fix! Here's a shortcut that I found to work... It is not necessary to totally uninstall iTunes on Windows! Just delete the two files as defined in snowdog's post, then go to Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs.

Find "iTunes" in the list and click "Change" instead of "Remove"! This will allow you to reinstall missing/corrupt files without having to redownload and install the whole program!

wisner4x5

I know this thread is old but I found a fix that someone having this problem may find useful. I got this message after I ran a DiskCheck on my iPod. When I plugged it in to my Windows 7 PC, I got a message saying there might be something wrong with my iPod and recommending that I run a DiskCheck. I thought, "What the heck!" and I let it run the check with both boxes checked (to find and fix problems). When it was done, a message said that it did find two problems and fixed them. That's when I started getting the error message that this thread is about. But I only got the message when I plugged my iPod in to sync it; I did not get it when I just started iTunes. To fix it, I simply went into iTunes and reset my iPod back to factory settings. That took a minute or so and then it automatically synced the iPod and the error message is now gone. Of course, I will have to change some settings for the iPod to the way I want them but that will only take a minute.