iTunes changing my tags

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

funkyg

I'm running iTunes on WinXP and I have a really annoying poroblem.

I have had my music collection on my PC for ages and have always manually filed and tagged the MP3's. Anyway sometime when I rip a new album and I have renamed and tagged them, I'll import it into iTunes but it will sometimes rename the artists.

For instance I did a muti artist compilation cd this morning. Tagged the files with track number, artist, track title, album artwork and album name. I then imported it into iTunes, which then renamed the artist to Various Artists which I don't want. I would rather have the individual artist and mark them up as a compilation.

How do I stop iTunes substituting the artist name to Various Artists?

Thanks.

Funkyg

TheBigNewt

Change that cd to a compilaton (get info, there's a box to check). There's a sticky about compilations. Look above the threads on this page.

funkyg

Back again!
Yep I do check them in as compilations. However it still changes the artist name to Various or Various Artists. It's as if i-Tunes is ignoring some of of my tags or filenames and going on-line for it's own version, which is really annoying seeing as I go to all the trouble to tag my music anyway.

Funkyg

cjmnews

Staff member
After you fix your tags, right click on the song file and choose Convert ID3 Tags and that will rewrite them to the current settings. That sould make the changes permanent.