iTunes cannot get tracks in right order

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

robcharlus

I have a CD of Keith Jarret's Koln Concert. For some reason, iTunes cannot put the tracks in the correct order. This a 70 minute CD with 4 tracks. iTunes always puts the 4th track 3rd and the 3rd track 4th. I don't know if this is relevant, but the 3rd Track is "II B" and the 4th is "II C." Yes, those are the real names for the tracks. Anyhow, I've tried removing the music from iTunes and reripping the CD twice, but while the tracks seem to be in the right order in "My Library" the iPod plays them out of order. Any ideas concerning why iTunes wouldn't follow the CD order? Is it something to do with the odd use of roman numerals and letters to name the tracks? Or is this really an iPod problem?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

dordale

Right click on the files in iTunes, choose "get info "from the menu and check the track numbers. If they're wrong or blank fill them in with the correct numbers. If the track numbers are filled in, iTunes will play songs in track number order.

Hope this helps!
dordale :)

Last edited: